70th Invades CCVI

Garrison Command and Garrison Administrative Staff members can make single posts in this forum that will appear instantly on the home page of the 70th Explorers website as news articles.
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

70th Invades CCVI

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

On April 29th members of the 70th Explorers Garrison attended the Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Trolley Run. CCVI is a non for profit organization that helps blind and limited vision children to function in society. They teach cane use, Braille reading, and other useful skills.

When asked about the event, the event coordinator Tony Pierce/ID6994 said:

"When it comes to the CCVI event my best memory was of a small boy named Garret. Garret may have looked just like many of the literally hundreds of other children (with the exception of some very dark sunglasses) we all took pictures with. Something was different about Garret. Garret has a form of albinism and limited vision. CCVI is helping him work with what vision he has and survive in society. He and other children like him are precisely why I loved doing this event. We all love seeing the faces of kids (and parents for that matter) light up, but just being out there in the hot sun watching these kids run and learn how simple it can be to help a good cause makes its special to me."

Special thanks to the following for participating in this event: Chris Adams/TK8100, Robert BrillSL2774, Faron Morales/TK1423, Rhonda Brown/TB1165, Ken Beckwith/TC6555, David Scheffner/DZ4419, Ron LaVoi/TS9706, Tony Pierce/ID6994, and of course all the kids who made it worth while.

Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6