omegastriker
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Hurd
TK Number: 10345

Death Trooper

Post by omegastriker »

I had no idea how involved this build would be! I've done a mando for star wars celebration before but the death trooper takes it to a whole new level. I feel like I've been working for a while, but am decently happy with the few pieces I've finished! The helmet is Anovos and all others were bought 3d printed. Definitely hope to troop with everybody some day! Image

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
IcyTrooper
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Schmuke
TK Number: 14631

Re: Death Trooper

Post by IcyTrooper »

Nice!! Is that an 850 armor works kit?
---------------------
Ryan Schmuke
TK/TX/TI/IC/IG/TA/TS/TD/TR/BH-14631
70th Explorers GML
Spec Ops DL
omegastriker
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by omegastriker »

IcyTrooper wrote:Nice!! Is that an 850 armor works kit?
Thanks! No, it's an Armory Shop kit. I was hoping it would be easier since I wouldn't have to trim anything, but covering up the 3d print lines has been rough to say the least lol

IcyTrooper
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by IcyTrooper »

Ahh nice! I've been a part of the death trooper builders FB group for awhile now watching all of that come together and the various suppliers, pretty neat stuff. I originally wanted to do one since I'm taller and slender but it'll be awhile. Glad to see you are having fun! You having to sand and blend those 3D print lines? They didn't look too rough in these pics.
---------------------
Ryan Schmuke
70th Explorers GML
Spec Ops DL
omegastriker
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by omegastriker »

IcyTrooper wrote:Ahh nice! I've been a part of the death trooper builders FB group for awhile now watching all of that come together and the various suppliers, pretty neat stuff. I originally wanted to do one since I'm taller and slender but it'll be awhile. Glad to see you are having fun! You having to sand and blend those 3D print lines? They didn't look too rough in these pics.
I'm taller too so I was pretty excited to see a tall stormtrooper varient! It's been fun for the most part. The 3d lines were more difficult to get out than I originally anticipated. If I would have to do it again I might choose one of the fiberglass kits. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your tk kit? I'd like to do one at some point but wasn't sure for taller people. Thanks!

omegastriker
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by omegastriker »

Ran into a problem where the collar doesn't line up with the front. I was hoping they would, but it looks like I'll have to modify it and add some bondo to fill the hole! ImageImage

IcyTrooper
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by IcyTrooper »

Definitely looks like you know what you're doing to get those 3D lines out of there! My TK kit is from Anovos, I'm also about halfway through putting together a shadow stormtrooper kit from them as well, it is thin ABS. This kit has definitely fit me well for my height. I didn't have to do any vertical trims on the leg or arm pieces, but because I'm pretty skinny my kidney plate has been a little bit of an issue lately as it bows out. I don't really have a ton of options to correct it but have made some temp fixes with velcro. The plus side is that if I gain weight I won't have to do anything. :D

As for your back plate and neck, that area has to be filled right? I was going to ask how did it end up like that but then I remembered it was 3D printed in pieces, which still looks good as printed. I wonder if it would be easier just to print a curved/flat piece of material in that space so that it sits flush and then bond the edges so that it holds it to the main back plate and then seal/sand/paint to blend it.
---------------------
Ryan Schmuke
70th Explorers GML
Spec Ops DL