My baby is gone...

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
tk080
Former SL/GCO 2005-2007
Former SL/GCO 2005-2007
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Newell
TK Number: 80

Post by tk080 »

Sorry about the loss girly... losing animals really sucks.

We got a kitten a few weeks ago, she was 7 weeks old and was a little darlin until 5 days later we found her catatonic on the bathroom floor. We took her to an emergency vet but there was nothing that could be done, so we had to put the kitten down. It really sucked trying to explain everything to Alice. A 4 year old only understands so much.

I dont want another cat for a while. I'm afraid I'll kill the damn thing again.
Aaron Newell
TK080 - BH080
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Stormtrooper Legion

kbfett wrote:Goddamnnit I wish I was Newell.....
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

tk080:Dude! That blows. =( I've never had a kitten die on me before. Maybe there was something wrong with it? Was it a free kitten? (That is, one that it's parents might have been prone to sickness and you didn't know) I've never heard of that before. =(

Fox517: Well lets see. I don't have any specific stories. She was just really eccentric. (I'm sure those of you who know me well are real surprised to hear my cat was loopy). She liked to play with straws,q-tips and dental floss, though she was relatively partial to fake mice.

She liked to bring us 'snacks'. Real live mice who weren't even injured, which she'd bring into our room and then lose somewhere.

Her favourite place to sit was in your lap, usually, sprawled out across your leg and hugging your knee. ((this is a picture of that, though it's super crappy http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ ... epedit.jpg ))

She had a problem with only drinking water from the tap, or out of the cups which you yourself had been drinking from. She refused to drink out of the bowl like a normal cat.

She used to do this till we broke her of it, because TP is expensive:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ ... ollage.jpg

Once she tried to kill the dvd player we had bought because it was in her spot of the bed (the end, my side).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ ... illdvd.jpg

Both our kitties have nicknames. Tika's was "ninja" because she thought she was sneakier than she was.

For example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ ... tika03.jpg

Annnd here's every picture I have of her (wish I had more). The ones of her playing in the grass with Mo were from this year. I especially love the ones where she is outright ignoring him but he keeps following her anyways. XD

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v178/cjheth/cats/
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
TK 3181
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Lauthern
TK Number: 3181

Post by TK 3181 »

Sorry to hear that, CJ. Time will make it easier.
Brandon Lauthern

**Crushing the Rebellion...LIKE A BOSS!!**
Fox517
TK Number: 0

Post by Fox517 »

the pis are very cool.
Leeloo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by Leeloo »

I am sorry for your loss. Your kitty is beautiful in that picture. I have a soon to be 5 month kitty that looks much like yours. I never considered myself a cat person til I fell in love with her. Recently, I found out that she has a high antibody count for a coronovirus, probly passed on by her mother. Sadly, this disease cannot be cured and there is no way to tell if the high antibody count is because she has it or because she is a carrier. However she is clinically healthy and a very insane, active, getting into EVERyTHING kitty. I dont know how long she will be around. She could have problems in months, in years, or live a long life and never have any problems at all. But I adopted her and love her so much and cant see life without her now. I will keep you in my prayers and I feel your pain. Losing something so close is hard. Hang in there. When your ready, carry on your kitty mommy duties and give your love to another kitty in need. Big hugs :hug:
Stephanie Farley
TI-5358
"I cant activate my shields...oh wait...I dont have any"
Getting blown up is my job....
Leeloo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by Leeloo »

Do you mind if I ask how you broke the habit of creating toilet paper iceicles???? I cant get Vala to leave the toilet paper alone!! It is hidden in a drawer now...otherwise she SHREDS it LOL

Btw...your pics were super cute!
Stephanie Farley
TI-5358
"I cant activate my shields...oh wait...I dont have any"
Getting blown up is my job....
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

Thank you for the compliments and the advice. ^_^

Continual reinforcement that mommy gets angry when Tika shreds things. :evil:

She was very jumpy and didn't like abrupt sounds or noises. I'm pretty good at making hissy sounds, so I would just hiss at her and take it away, and she would make the "O_o" face. Eventually she realized that I was angry with her for tearing up TP, so she didn't do it anymore. Every once in awhile when she thought she wouldn't get caught or she got angry with me, she'd take a tissue out of the box and destroy it, but it wasn't an all the time thing anymore.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564