STL Area Firefly and/or Battlestar Party - Interest Thread

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
TK Number: 394
Droids Owned: R2-D2

STL Area Firefly and/or Battlestar Party - Interest Thread

Post by mrivorey »

So talking to many of you guys recently, I've discovered that a surprising number of you haven't seen the TV shows Firefly and the new Battlestar Galactica! What kind of scifi fans are you?! :angry2: (j/k) In order to remedy this, I want to see who is interested in a non-armor, armor party to be held at my house (STL area) some weekend. We would get a start on watching the beginnings of Firefly and/or Battlestar. Maybe one party for each. While this wouldn't be an actual armor party (I don't want to steal people from the Jeff City one), I certainly wouldn't object to anyone working on theirs...quietly. ;)

I have a 62" widescreen DLP TV in the basement the should be sufficient. We'll BBQ something or maybe order some pizza, and there's even extra beds for out of towners.

No polls for now, just reply here if you think you'd come to something like this.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

Post by TK5544 »

What is this Firefly never even heard of it. BSG on the other hand I am in the middle of aquiring the pilot mini series via *cough* un-ethical means, and I watch it when I think about it heh.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
Dinadin TK-5972
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Schafer
TK Number: 5972

Post by Dinadin TK-5972 »

You have to be kidding me, there couldn't be that many un-educated people. Then again Rhonda didnt started watching BSG until after I told her about in season 2. Firefly is the short lived sci-fi show which aired on FOX and made by Joss Whedon. There were only 12 episodes made, maybe 14, and 2 of them never even aired, until it was on Sci Fi. The massive amount of DVD sales allowed them to make the Serenity movie that did more poorly in the theater than it should have. If would have aired on Sci Fi it might have done better. And for those who have not seen the new BSG, it is not the old show. They used the names to get their foot in the door and then blew it away. It is on the level of B5 in complexity, if not better than that.

The only problem with this party is that you will be giving them a tiny taste of something and they will be wanting a ton more.
Rich
TK-5972
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
Schafer's Folly
mrivorey

Post by mrivorey »

Dinadin TK-5972 wrote:The only problem with this party is that you will be giving them a tiny taste of something and they will be wanting a ton more.
That's the idea! There's a Best Buy a few miles away. They can all go buy the DVDs after the party!
Chris Moody, TK-394
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

Post by TK5544 »

What you work for Best buy now I thought you where a UPS man
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

Dinadin TK-5972 wrote:Then again Rhonda didnt started watching BSG until after I told her about in season 2.
Yes, I am still grateful at your bugging me to watch the show, Rich. :P I had been boycotting it for a year because as an original series fan from the late 70s, I knew full well Starbuck was not a chick. And any new series making Starbuck a chick had to be bad.. well boy was I wrong. It's an amazing show and I don't miss an episode now. So thank you for keeping on me to give it a try, Rich. :hug:
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Post by TB-3289 »

I'd be interested in either/both. Firefly is a great little series. Most peoples complaints with it is the fact that they did not have a huge budget for props and special effects. To me, thats what makes it so great... I would categorize it as a SciFi/Western to give you a feel to the show.

I'll be honest that I'm a new BSG fan. I just finished through season 2 on DVD, so I'm not up on all the season 3 stuff yet.
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
standtrooper
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Orr
TK Number: 2030

I'm interested

Post by standtrooper »

if it 's a free weekend after april 8th, I'll even bring my ruttin DVDs of firefly, TOS BSG, the first season of neo bsg, and the itunes downloads of seasons two and three of BSG, AND serenity.

they're actually my two/three favorite shows... i was sick this last weekend and laid around watching all of the firefly eps and serenity.

We can all watch the Big Damn Movie while being Big Damn Heroes
Don't forget to "Give it up for a Trooper",

timo
TK-2030
StandTrooper
JLo Hoff Trooper
StandTrooper.com
70th Explorers
70thExplorers.com
501st Legion
www.501st.com
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Re: I'm interested

Post by TB-3289 »

standtrooper wrote:....itunes downloads of seasons three of BSG...

Thats what I want to see!!! I haven't seen any of the season 3 BSG yet!!!
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
Rallyral
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Ral
Last Name: Wheeler
TK Number: 488

Post by Rallyral »

FIREFLY RULES!!!!. Serenity's problem was that is was closure to the River arc. If you had not seen the series, it meant nothing to you. And do not forget the comic book that goes between Firefly and Serenity. It closes the Hands of blue, two-by-two.

I loved that is was low tech and more development of the story liine. Wheldon was great at that.

BSG season 1 and 2 were AWESOME. Three and the move to Sunday night has kind of lost me.
Ral S. Wheeler
TD-0488
70th Explorers Garrison
http://www.70thexplorers.com

Tar Ral
PawPaw
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Moving to Sunday has not been a problem for me. Can you say TIVO? I record them and watch them when I am ready as opposed to having to sit in front of the tube at a particular time. :D

The new story line was a bit tough to follow since they put so much time in between the seasons.
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
mrivorey

Re: I'm interested

Post by mrivorey »

TB-3289 wrote:Thats what I want to see!!! I haven't seen any of the season 3 BSG yet!!!
Oh, forget the iTunes version. I'm quite sure I have plenty of season 3 still on TiVo.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

I guess you have all been waiting for me to reply to this thread, because if it wasnt for me chris, you probably wouldnt have had this Non-armor armor party. LOL I will definately attend. whenever it may be. I'll bring the popcorn.

Like i told you guys, I agree with rhonda, i just couldnt get into it being that i was into the original BSG. But i could be wrong, everyone says its great... i'll just have to wait and see...

OH who is wanting to car pool up to jeff city's MO armor party???
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force