4th Annual HotA Bantha BBQ

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
GsWookie
First Name: Sarah
Last Name: German
TK Number: 5424

4th Annual HotA Bantha BBQ

Post by GsWookie »

What: Bantha BBQ 2007

When: June 9, 2006 10 AM to 10 PM

Where: Swope Park
Shelter #10
6900 Swope Memorial Drive (approximate location)
Kansas City, MO 64133

here is a link to the PDF that has a map of the park: http://www.kcmo.org/parks/parks/swope_p ... endocument
The shelter is at the bottom on the right hand side. Basically you take 435 to Gregory Blvd.

Shelter house 10 sits beside Lake of the Woods, which is on Gregory Blvd.
click here for a google map. The map doesn't let you put down a specific end point though for doing directions. However, you can just tell folks that if they're taking 435 they can use the Gregory exit and it's right after you enter the park on that road (and I think there might be a Gregory exit off of 71 HWY too, if folks come that way).[/list]

Who: Heart of the Alliance, Rebel Legion, and 501st members plus friends and family

Park Rules:
  • Sales of any kind are prohibited on park property. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on public property. Ordinance 39.390 (Sec. 26.25)
  • Reserving party(ies) will be held responsible for destruction of property. All signs or banners erected relating to this event must be removed.
  • Although every effort will be made to maintain utilities and shelters, service is not guaranteed when vandalism occurs.
  • PLEASE HELP US KEEP OUR PARKS CLEAN: Place all refuse in the containers provided.
  • KEEP ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES OFF THE GRASS. USE DRIVEWAYS AS PROVIDED. IF NO DRIVEWAY IS PROVIDED, NO PASSAGE IS PERMITTED.

Amenities available (subject to the terms above):
  • Bathrooms
  • Drinking Fountain
  • BBQ grill/pit
  • Power Outlet(s)
Come and join the fun! Play SW Trivial Pursuit and show off your mad skillz or try your hand in the SW Battleship tournament. Oh and don't forget to bring your water gun! ;) We'll party until the sun goes down!

For more information click here.
MTFBWY
mordus
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Norm
Last Name: Hackett
TK Number: 2094

Post by mordus »

Depending on gas prices and funds, I may be able to make it. No promises at this point though.
"Mordus"
Norm Hackett
IC-2094/IG-2094
501st Legion
Garrison 66: The Temple Raiders
Darth Mordus - The Dark Empire
merrick
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Bakeberg
TK Number: 8947

Post by merrick »

mordus wrote:Depending on gas prices and funds, I may be able to make it. No promises at this point though.
Don't you mean if i'm willing to drive? LOL
GsWookie

Post by GsWookie »

Hey now! No fighting over me! Oh wait... heh heh. Hope to see you guys again, but you can't have missed me too much, it's only been a month! :D
MTFBWY
GsWookie

Post by GsWookie »

Don't forget to stop by and get free food and refreshments and tons of Star Wars fun this Saturday! See first post for updated info. :D
MTFBWY
GsWookie

Post by GsWookie »

A big thanks to those who came yesterday! I had a blast (after I finally dried out) and my arm is SO sore today! Too much 'pumping'! :lol:

I can't wait until the fall one!
MTFBWY