And Again

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

And Again

Post by TK5544 »

I just freaking got a new Visa Check card in january and the number has already been stolen again. This sucks I hate those little computer bastards that steal my money and charge crap to my credit card. Oh if it is anyone of you Ill personally hand you over to Curt and let him beat you with his whip and chain he keeps in his trunk. then throw you into kansas (if your from kansas I will throw you to nebraksa). heh But in all seriousness people check your crap and keep as safe as possible when doing stuff online. I rarely make any online purchases and It still managed to get stolen, I am even in the process of setting up a 256 bit SSL for online bill pay so I know what to look for in a secure connection and I am the one that got hacked, go figure. Anyway just wanted to let you all know to watch your accounts.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

That sucks big time. I hope you get that all straightened out.

And you weren't supposed to tell everyone about the whip and chain toys. That was our little secret. :P
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

TK-1161 Curt wrote:And you weren't supposed to tell everyone about the whip and chain toys. That was our little secret. :P
0_o :twitch:
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

DarthBarbieDoll wrote:
TK-1161 Curt wrote:And you weren't supposed to tell everyone about the whip and chain toys. That was our little secret. :P
0_o :twitch:
That's it, Rhonda... act like you don't what we are talking about. You said the whips and chains were the only reason I got to be XO again.
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
Droids Owned: R2-D2

Post by mrivorey »

Hey seriously Dru... Never use your check card for online purchases. Use an credit card instead. That way you're only risking Visa's money. Personally, for online stuff, I use Citibank's Virtual Card Numbers. When making a purchase, it generates a new number for each purchase. And it's only good for that purchase (or you can set time limits).

The other thing I'd do is to wipe your hard drive and reinstall Windows. Get rid of any spyware or viruses that might be stealing your info.

And then of course, always keep your numbers covered.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody
TK 3181
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Lauthern
TK Number: 3181

Post by TK 3181 »

Man, that sucks! I hope you get it worked out.
Brandon Lauthern

**Crushing the Rebellion...LIKE A BOSS!!**
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

I really keep on top of my computer security for these reasons. I work a job that my computer security is CONSTANTLY being compromised.

I found yet another virus in my computer just today, which I believe I got but I am doing a second scan to make sure now that I think I killed it. I change my passwords every time I find a virus too, just in case. It's a pain in the ass, but it's kept me safe so far.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
Dwootan
Garrison Captain of the Guard
Garrison Captain of the Guard
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Wootan
TK Number: 9668

Post by Dwootan »

As some of you know, I’m a supervisor for at a financial institution. Here’s how I feel:

It's okay to use your check card or credit card for online purchases. I would suggest to contact credit card provider or bank regarding their fraud / security department and their processes for disputed charges. Some regulations / policies have a time frame for the bank to investigate the report.

Also order a credit report. If you notice anything on your credit report, that isn't yours contact the credit agency. They can place a hold / watch on new accounts from being opened until you’re contacted for approval. Also contact your credit card provider or bank. In some cases, a police report might need to be filed.
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

Good ideas Dwootan. I always keep an eye on my purchases when i get bills and such.

Chris, can you get me more info on that citibank card deal that you have... i might be interested in that. tell me more or email me a link
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force