Lucas sues GenCon LLC

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Lucas sues GenCon LLC

Post by CJ564 »

Kind of an old story, but for those who weren't on top of these kinds of things might find this of interest (IE people like me)

http://reporter.blogs.com/thresq/2008/0 ... -sues.html

Can't say I'm overly surprised to hear this after what happened with C3.

In related news, GenCon LLC has had to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Because it is Chapter 11, their flagship show in the US (GenCon Indy) will still be open and running, at least for this year.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

I wonder how this will affect the future Star Wars Celebrations as well as future traditional GenCon gaming conventions.
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

GenCon will be business as usual.

To be quite honest, GenCon was making a lot of stupid mistakes before Lucas discovered the company. For example, they tried to split the con into two conventions in the US and several conventions world wide, when people used to travel 10+ hours by plane to come to GenCon when it was still under the old management. It was unnecessary to rip it apart so much as the people who wanted to go from places like Europe and Australia would show up regardless, and those who were never interested in the first place are not going to suddenly start showing up just because it's closer, nor is there an expansive market for Table top games in Europe (Though I can't speak on Australia). White Wolf and Games Workshop are the only real 'players' over there, and Games Workshop took their ball and left GenCon awhile ago.

SWC however, will probably not be happening with GenCon LLC anymore. I can't see Lucas turning around and saying " Oh I forgive you for stealing that money from sick kids."
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry
TK Number: 0

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

They should never have challenged the Emperor himself! :emperor:
Incognito Trooper
darthmaul82
First Name: Yuri
Last Name: Rentfro
TK Number: 0

Post by darthmaul82 »

Hopefully, if they have a Star Wars Celebration it won't be all the way in California. Indy was nice.
Southern Illinois Jedi Order
www.myspace.com/sijediorder