70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Cullum
TK Number: 5538

Meg's ID

Post by Wallcatcher »

Hello to all!

No pics yet :/ , but I've finally got her tunic done to an acceptable level. Looks pretty good, though I'm still going to tweak a couple of things after finishing the rest of the uniform. Up next: the hat!

She's already got in the chalk holders for the code cylinders, and the rank bar doesn't look terribly difficult for me to build, so I'm not worried there. Still looking for boots that will actually fit her properly, though. We may end up having to go with the straight-leg uniform for now, and upgrade to the officer later on...in which case I don't really need to worry about rank bars right now.

Anyway, progress is occuring, if anyone was interested. I'll see about getting pics up soonish. No promises...

-Andy
oddball
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Philip
Last Name: Harley
TK Number: 5397

Re: Meg's ID

Post by oddball »

and is Megan actually helping you with this, or is she having too much fun with the kids & cats? :D :D
Wallcatcher
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Wallcatcher »

Meg? Help with sewing? Not likely...although she actually did do some hand stitching to attach some velcro.

Hat's done BTW. Next up is pants, then the fun stuff (greebles and the like). Since we still don't know for sure the type of boots to be found for her, I may end up having to do two sets; one jodhpur, one straight-legged. At least, I think I have enough fabric ;)

I really will post pics sometime. I got diverted for a child's costume, and have to get it done NOW.
Wallcatcher
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Wallcatcher »

Update time...

Almost have the straight-leg pants done. Would have finished them today if I hadn't gotten in a hurry and sewn the wrong seams together :twitch:

Belt is dyed and assembled, and Meghan's been working on the "code disks" for hat and buckle. Boots are ordered (hope they fit well).

Just as a teaser:

Still have to do a little bit to the collar, but when she's wearing it, it's not bad. This pic is after a washing, but with no ironing so it looks a bit ratty. And pay no attention to the date...we just changed the batteries in the camera.

More tomorrow; we'll get a couple of pics with it on her if I get half a chance.

-Andy
Wallcatcher
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Wallcatcher »

Allrighty, got her outfit done and submitted. Just waiting to hear back :)

Here she is:

Comments welcome!
Terry19d
First Name: Terrill
Last Name: Handshy
TK Number: 2055

Post by Terry19d »

Looks good!
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
Dwootan