WIP : Shadow Guard

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
MORodian
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Heiser
TK Number: 22740

WIP : Shadow Guard

Post by MORodian »

I have a couple of questions about this build. All guesses are welcome.

1. Is the armor required to be mechanically attached to the jump suit or can it be hung on the shoulders and strapped in under the arms?

2. The helmet sits on the armor and not the shoulders. Is there a trick to getting a better fit so there is no gap at the top of the shoulders under the helmet?
IcyTrooper
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Schmuke
TK Number: 14631

Re: WIP : Shadow Guard

Post by IcyTrooper »

I took a look at the CRL (https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cos ... tfu_shadow) to see if I could see how they are doing it.

1. I think you are talking about the shoulder armor based on the last half of the question, but since there is no mention of how it is attached it'd be up to the wearer on how it is secured. I'd probably use Velcro or something on the top part of the shoulder and then from the CRL main image it appears that they do have elastic going around the biceps.

2. The helmet does sit on a small bit of the end of the armor up by the top of the shoulder as you mentioned. When you get your helmet together you could probably sand down the sides of the helmet lip to get it to sit on it better. For example, on my ROTJ Royal Guard I have a lip the bends around into my body for thickness but it appears on the Shadow Guard CRL that you can lose that lip.
---------------------
Ryan Schmuke
TK/TX/TI/IC/IG/TA/TS/TD/TR/BH-14631
70th Explorers GML
Spec Ops DL
MORodian
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Heiser
TK Number: 22740

Re: WIP : Shadow Guard

Post by MORodian »

Thank you. I got an XL chest piece from WTF and that made a difference. A little extra trimming here and there helped as well.