Sound Amps and speakers

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
TK 3181
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Lauthern
TK Number: 3181

Sound Amps and speakers

Post by TK 3181 »

I know that most of you probably already have an amp setup that you're happy with, but I was wondering..... What do most of the 70th use for a voice amp? Chime in and tell me what you're using. What do you like about it? How much did it cost you? If you're not happy with your current setup, what would you change about it? I am toying with the idea of building some "from scratch" helmet amps and want to incorporate everyone's input into it's design.
Brandon Lauthern

**Crushing the Rebellion...LIKE A BOSS!!**
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Check out:

www.skullworx.com

I have one of these bad boys in my helmet and it has been great! Sounds awesome as well. No more fiddling with that dadgum radioshack amp. Yuck!
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

I have been using the Radio Shack amp system and it works OK. I need to add fans and I have heard that the Skullworx does rock. May move to that since it has fans built in.
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

RE:

Post by TK5544 »

I just got done adding in some speakers into my mic tips and used the RS amps works pretty good I am happy with what I did even though i burnt the crap out of my hand with the hot glue gun heh. oh well got a couple computer fans in there for cooling and used laptop speakers that i scrounged for the mic tip speakers bout the size of a nickel and as thick as a dime but they work real nice semi distorts my voice which makes it kinda cool so I don't sound tinny like im speaking into a pop can
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species