whats on your workbench?

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
Usswilliam
TK Number: 0

Re: whats on your workbench?

Post by Usswilliam »

Drago, your acting as thought that is a bad thing though :)

As for me nothing yet just a lot of pics and research on an RC and imperial officer i am looking at starting when i save up enough.
JaylinDakaal
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Holly
Last Name: Wrinkle
TK Number: 8566

Post by JaylinDakaal »

Well, I don't exactly have a workbench, but I got a few things...all over the freaking house. So let's see, what's actually getting worked on in the near future.

Mara Jade:
*I believe I may have finally found a pair of boots! They will require some alteration, but for some reason it seems like I've had to alter almost every pair of shoes I've bought in the last 3 years.
*Pouches and holster (which is waiting on a blaster that the fantastic Pam Simpson is going to cast for me).
*Shin guards, which I'm considering trying to make so erm...Squad 66, help because I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.
*couple other pieces that have prototypes floating around (cape, cowel, clasp, back piece)

TFU Leia: I've got most of what I need laying around, just a couple pieces I'd still need, so I'm very seriously considering doing this one.

In Planning: I have Aayla Secura, a generic jedi, and Darth Talon.
Dark One
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Aggson
TK Number: 7013

Post by Dark One »

AOTC Clone Grunt
Captain Rex
Redo my 501st clone (Straps and harness)

get my face cast for my Darth Maul

finish up my ROTJ/SE Boba Fett

Two Halo Master chief helmets and hope to add Master Chief armor as well (Halo 2 and Halo 3 helmets so far)

ANH TK Trooper (TE2)

ANH HDPE Trooper bucket

Think that's it for now.
Eric Aggson
TC-7013
TD-7013
CLONES RULE!!!!!!!
I am SWARSAG!!!!!!!!
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry
TK Number: 0

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

Go Halo! I actually have several though I didn't think about it:

Cofederate Uniform
4th Missouri Militia Uniform
Union Uniform (boo...) :lol:
Midevil dark wanderer
Incognito Trooper
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

Working on an Ahsoka Tano costume for Catherine. I have the belt pouch completed and have the base I am going to use to sculpt the head piece. Hoping to have it done by Halloween. Nothing like a deadline to keep a project moving along.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Faron
Last Name: Morales
TK Number: 1423

Post by TK1423 »

always working on my tk armor.... lol
No Worries...~...Laughter is good medicine...~...Happiness is a choice

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

I cleared some space off my workbench and am now moving on to other projects. I'm making progress:

1. Predator Items -DONE
2. AT-RT/Clone Gunner Sculpt -80% Done
3. Iron Monger Costume -DONE
4. Commander Bacarra/EP11 Grunt/EP111 Grunt/Clone Pilot Costumes -20% Done
5. AT-RT Walker -10% Done
6. Some fuel thingamabob -50% Done
7. Mannequins -DONE
8. Bio Helmet Sculpt -Strike from list. Already acquired
9. Woody Costume -DONE
10. TDK Joker Costume -Didn't even start lol

Adding

1. Davy Jones
2. Jack Sparrow upgrades -Tricorn, Frock Coat, Compass mod, Chicken's Foot, Flintlock mod, and loosing some friggin weight. :lol:
3. Two new surprise costumes
Drago Lordist
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Schaeperkoetter
TK Number: 7221

Post by Drago Lordist »

ooh, chris has suprise costumes, I'm breathless with antici...

...pation. :cackle:
Steve Schaeperkoetter - Albin's Head Generalissimo
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL/SL/IC 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

I thought I would spark this thread again to see what everyone is working on out there. This thread gives me motivation to work on my items. As for me, it has been a very slow year for anything costume related, but I am getting that itch back to start in on a heavy build. I do have a couple of things in the works, but am moving all too slowly with them. This is what I have going on at present:

1. Davey Jones -10% Done -I plan to make the outfit as accurate as I possibly can. Currently, I will be going with a cheap (Heavily Modded by me) Rubies mask until I get time to sculpt the final piece.
2. Jack Sparrow -Upgraded Tricorn, Compass, and Chicken's Foot. Next up will be a new improved wig, coins, sail needle, etc.

These are the costumes I need to get to at some point:
1. Commander Bacarra/EP11 Grunt/EP111 Grunt/Clone Pilot Costumes -20% Done
2. AT-RT Walker -10% Done -This is a project Mike is involved with and has drafted the final provisions to make it happen. We will also be building his AT-RT Suit.

Please share gang. I'm just as excited to hear about your projects as I am my own!!!!
Terry19d
First Name: Terrill
Last Name: Handshy
TK Number: 2055

Post by Terry19d »

Still working on my Ep III clone armor. I'd estimate that I'm around 80 - 85% done at this point. Once I get the chest & back pieces mated together, attach the shoulder straps, measure out and attach the belt, and finish up the strapping for the upper body, then the suit will be fully wearable. At that point I'll work out any kinks and then it's on to painting. Whew! Been working off and on with this suit for over a year and now finally getting closer to having it done.
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Post by TrooperKerry »

Well I have been putting my TK Bucket through a "re-fit" the ear pieces still bothered me, so I removed them and shaved them down even further.................replaced the TK belt with canvas rather than the hard plastic (Ken and April saw that at the pvt troop)

RC is on the plans, and would have had by now, but had some financial set backs just as my name came up on the list :( But Hope to have the RC in next couple of months!

And way future Vader and Alien cuz lets face it, they both kick some major (bleep) :D
Attachments
Picture 26.jpg
Picture 26.jpg (24.93 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
Picture 21.jpg
Picture 21.jpg (20.15 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
Last edited by TrooperKerry on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
madog5154
First Name: Troy
Last Name: Meier
TK Number: 5154

Post by madog5154 »

Terry19d wrote:Still working on my Ep III clone armor. I'd estimate that I'm around 80 - 85% done at this point. Once I get the chest & back pieces mated together, attach the shoulder straps, measure out and attach the belt, and finish up the strapping for the upper body, then the suit will be fully wearable. At that point I'll work out any kinks and then it's on to painting. Whew! Been working off and on with this suit for over a year and now finally getting closer to having it done.

You have to have help with the chest and back to get it to fit right. My wife was a big help on that part. Well she was really a big help on about 90% of my costume. If you need any help just let me know. Ill try to give you some ideas. Number one thing try to keep it simple. If you get stuck on one thing move to something else or do like I did get a beer and watch TV for awile. :beerchug:
If nothing sticks to teflon......then how does teflon stick to the pan?
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

Terry19d wrote:Still working on my Ep III clone armor. I'd estimate that I'm around 80 - 85% done at this point. Once I get the chest & back pieces mated together, attach the shoulder straps, measure out and attach the belt, and finish up the strapping for the upper body, then the suit will be fully wearable. At that point I'll work out any kinks and then it's on to painting. Whew! Been working off and on with this suit for over a year and now finally getting closer to having it done.
You've been cranking this bad boy out! I certainly can't wait to see the final product of your labor. Keep up the progress, bro!!!
TrooperKerry wrote:Well I have been putting my TK Bucket through a "re-fit" the ear pieces still bothered me, so I removed them and shaved them down even further.................replaced the TK belt with canvas rather than the hard plastic (Ken and April saw that at the pvt troop)

RC is on the plans, and would have had by now, but had some financial set backs just as my name came up on the list But Hope to have the RC in next couple of months!

And way future Vader and Alien cuz lets face it, they both kick some major (bleep)
This reminds me that I need to upgrade my TK as well. I put mine together back in 2003/04 timeframe. I haven't done a single thing to it since that time and have worn the ever life out of it. Parts and pieces are starting to show the test of time and I will need to get those items corrected. I know you and Terry have upgraded your suits to higher standards and I'm sure I'll be picking your brains for upgrade ideas.

maddog5154 wrote:If you get stuck on one thing move to something else or do like I did get a beer and watch TV for awile.
Those are words of wisdom. My problem is that I build while I'm lit which has been very interesting at times. Gotta love it!! :lol:

Anybody else doing any building???
Drago Lordist
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Schaeperkoetter
TK Number: 7221

Post by Drago Lordist »

lil sompthin, sompthin, I've been working on for the past week or two:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1294440207
Steve Schaeperkoetter - Albin's Head Generalissimo