To Rivet....or Not to Rivet?.......That is the question!

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

To Rivet....or Not to Rivet?.......That is the question!

Post by TrooperKerry »

I took Ral's suggestion on making the theighs more round ( boiling water and submerging it ) except used it for the Face of my bucket, being FX is larger, but as it was pulled out of the mold it was pretty wide, more so than the top of the bucket.

as I would clamp the sides of the face to the top, the very front between the eyes would buldge out leaving a gap.

Knowing that the brow trim needs to go on towards the end of the build, I was thinking about putting a rivet in the center, as this should be covered by the brow trim.

Has anyone done this?............or other suggestions for a secure placement while trying to attach?

The new dive skin and neck seal should arrive today..............and I know how Im going to fill in the ab/kidney plate (I'll use the extra 2 sheets of ABS that came with the kit, and use something else for shims to attach the industrial strength velcro. (That way all the whte armor that shows matches in color)

Thanks in advance! :stormtrooper:
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
kbfett
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Beckwith
TK Number: 6555

Re: To Rivet....or Not to Rivet?.......That is the question!

Post by kbfett »

I have that gap right up front on my TK as well. It stays fairly well hidden behind the brow trim anyway but a small rivet sounds like a good idea.
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Re: To Rivet....or Not to Rivet?.......That is the question!

Post by TrooperKerry »

Thanks Ken.................I figured if it's sprinkling rain then that would keep it out of the bucket (and wiring for the fans and speakers once I have them installed!)
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236