AB Plate Extension

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

AB Plate Extension

Post by TrooperKerry »

Greetings All,

As you know I don't have instructions with my armor, but am making decent progress due to tutorials and tips on here.

Since I'm 6'3" the FX was a good choice for my build I think, but the AB plate still seems a bit "short" under the Chest plate. I am planning on seperating the butt and kidney plate for the same reason ( and good movement ) but there is a plain as day seperation line in the armor.

I was thinking if I split the AB plate and extended it slightly, it would look better ( If I am dry fitting the chest correctly, if I so much as lift my arms, the AB plate pops out from underneath the chest.) :paranoid:

I know the belt sits higher than on your hips, but I am not exactly sure where to cut the AB plate, so that it is concealed by the belt.

Has anyone else done this???????? If you have can you post some pics for reference for me! :)

Thanks!
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
kbfett
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Beckwith
TK Number: 6555

Re: AB Plate Extension

Post by kbfett »

Sorry I happen to be a little short for a Stormtrooper instead of the other way around.
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Re: AB Plate Extension

Post by judge_hellfast »

You and I are approximately the same size in height. I would leave your butt plate alone as cutting this will only give you more hassle down the road to deal with. I know others who have done this, but it really doesn't do a whole lot in the way of any more movement. However, I did cut my cod from my ab plate to allow for better movement and to also give it enough length to get the ab section to sit under my chest piece. I'll try and get some pics at some point. Halloween is keeping me busy for the next couple of days, but hopefully I can get something up for ya soon. :D