Thigh Armor ??

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Thigh Armor ??

Post by TrooperKerry »

Okay I have been workiung on my bucket and the rest of the armor, going pretty well I think, with one exception. 0_o

My thighs are bigger than the armor :frustrated:

If I take the 2 pieces and lay them side by side, they would go around............I can cover the gap and give it a 1 piece overlay with the extra ABS that came with the kit. However this would make the thigh seam in the fron at good 2-3" wide all the way down the front seam :eek:

As far as the AB/Kidney I still think the AB is a bit short for me, but I glued "D" rings on the inside of the Ab and kidney plate and ran webbing through it to make shoulder straps, then took black 3" elastic and temporarily hot glued it, that way the armor fits snuggly.

I have pics that Im gonna download into myspace that is following my build, but the big question is on the thighs............granted Im taller than most TK's but I can't be the only guy here that the armor just wont fit???? Am I??? :eek:

I chose hot glue for the D Rings and elastic, until I get feedback and see how well it works before making it a permanent solution.
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Re: Thigh Armor ??

Post by judge_hellfast »

For the thighs, you want to put a shim in the back of the things. The shim can be triangular in shape. The large portion of the triangle at top and go smaller toward the bottom. You can use boiling water to round out your shim to allow for a rounded look once you install it.

As for elastic, you can use super glue. Super glue bonds the hell out of elastic to plastic and works great. You can even see it smoking when you put the super glue on. It's cool. 8) However, I know others who use elastic and I would recommend staying away from elastic as much as possible. The only good place to use elastic is between the chest and back plate. Elastic has a nasty habit of wearing out and stretching out like our dear friend Stretch Armstrong. :lol: