Aurra Sing

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
timbremer
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Bremer
TK Number: 4290

Re: Aurra Sing

Post by timbremer »

thanks for the info i have bookmarked the site and am working up an order! :beerchug:
Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

I would recommend using both latex and a two way stretch material and build it similar to how a batman suit is assembled for example. The two way stretch material will help keep you cooled down, but also work well with all the latex pieces for fitability....it gives in several directions to slip the suit on your body and gives the appearance the suit is "one piece." Latex is not a trooping friendly material. My predator suit can attest to that.

Take a look at the first Godzilla prototype which used unfriendly trooping materials. Several actors passed out during filming on set due to the heat factor and they also wore cooling suits, etc. I wouldn't have wanted to be a Godzilla stunt actor back in those days. LOL
taj
First Name: Tammy
Last Name: Larrabee
TK Number: 0

Post by taj »

Latex sheeting is slightly easier to manage then a batsuit or anything similar, I have used it for other costuming, this is just the first time I have made it myself
You do of course, realize that calling me 'snuggle bunny' constitutes a declaration of war
http://www.fracturedinfinity.com
The one, the only, the mythological taj (how these people keep missing me, I will never know)