212th color palette

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
DTR1
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Roate
TK Number: 6309

212th color palette

Post by DTR1 »

The past few weeks I have been researching the colors for the 212th Utapau clones for episode 3. There has been some discussion amoung members as to if the color that commander Cody wears is one in the same as the 212th. I do believe that some light on this subject can be shed threw photo stills from the film. If you look in the following photos and take note to the shade and shadowing effects from light sources and points of view. I do believe that my backround in commercial art would have to say that yes they are. The truth is in the photos folks.

judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Re: 212th color palette

Post by judge_hellfast »

Here are the old color recommendations from CT.N. I would say you're on the right track:

Commander Cody:
* Recomend PUPKIN Orange Gloss 2411 by Krylon Using LIGHT coats and taking the gloss off by giving the paint a light rubbdown with fine steel wool.
* American Traditions Tropic Orange

212th
Recommended Choices:
Primary: American Traditions Tropic Orange
DTR1
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Roate
TK Number: 6309

Post by DTR1 »

I have my doubts as to if the Tropic Orange is the color to go with. An over and under comparison shows that the Tropic Orange is a bit to dark for Cody.

My views of course do not reflect that of others so it is my opinion only, but close does not get you the cigar. The color has been duplicated as shown below.
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Send a message to Kris (CO of CT.N), he had a program to get an exact color of items at one time. He was going to run the various costumes thru this program, but he just didn't get around to doing it. He may be able to knock down the specific paint mixture code you need for exact color. :D