hammer prototype suit! (spoiler alert)

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Jon
Last Name: Jones
TK Number: 9892

hammer prototype suit! (spoiler alert)

Post by the dark knight »

yep! war machine lays on the table of doom to be adressed later! i will be starting on the helmet to this one this weekend, the hammer prototype from before vanko mods them.

pics soon!
"You know its sad but true!"
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Re: hammer prototype suit! (spoiler alert)

Post by judge_hellfast »

I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out. Is there a pep out there for this one? I'm currently looking around for a Monger helmet pep.
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

nope. not yet anyway. this will be done with cardboard armatures and bondo.
dennybobbutt
First Name: dennis
Last Name: butt
TK Number: 0

Post by dennybobbutt »

This is gonna be flippin epic I can't wait to see this one done I just downloaded all the files for the Mark VI and started doing the helmet about a week ago I'm in the middle of working 7 days a week rite now I wish I had more done but it will come soon enough I keep telling my wife its my therapeutic destress time but hopefully ill be getting pics up soon to show some progress I know my son is flipping out over this one
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

sweet! get some pics up man! i will be revisiting this one again soon. i started, then life (girlfriend) got in the way. now my butt is single, so i have tons of time to myself. :lol:
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Will do when I get some more stuff done man I just purchased a craft robo paper cutter my issue now is finding time my job consist of my working massive overtime and as of now I'm on day 57 working strait thru no days off but I do what I can when I can I'm the complete opposite I got Ye old wife and kiddos plus we just got a new puppy (a English bulldog named boba fett) and they have been taking up my time but I'll be getting more time here soon and it will be game on
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

dennybobbutt wrote:Will do when I get some more stuff done man I just purchased a craft robo paper cutter my issue now is finding time my job consist of my working massive overtime and as of now I'm on day 57 working strait thru no days off but I do what I can when I can I'm the complete opposite I got Ye old wife and kiddos plus we just got a new puppy (a English bulldog named boba fett) and they have been taking up my time but I'll be getting more time here soon and it will be game on
If you get a chance, would you put up a critique on how the craft robo performs, please?? I know it works, but want to know what some others think about the process involved on the programming portion. Thanks, mate. 8)
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Will do I get my first day off in weeks tomorrow and was gonna play I'm not the best at reading the instructions but iv been watching YouTube vids on it o hope I get it rite I'll try and post something in a few days
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

Post by TK5544 »

The CraftRobo rocks, you just sit back and let it do all the work. It DOES take a bit of a learning curve but once you get the jist of it man you just print out the paper and basically hit the go button on the thing and wam bam its cut and all you have to do it fold and glue.

Something to remember on the craftrobo ( I learned this from mels papercraft website), make sure in pepakura designer you have your paper size set to A4, NOT letter), then go into pepakura viewer for craftrobo and set your registration marks for (dont quote me on these not sitting in front of it) 25,32,15,10. you will have to arrange the parts to kind of 'fit' to the registration marks if you don't it doesn't cut them, I personally would semi fit them in designer then flip over to viewer and do a print preview to see how it all fit before i printed them out on the card stock.

If you have any questions give me a buzz back or you can go to the same website i went to: http://melspapercraft.weebly.com/us-letter-paper.html

Helpful site and again bit of a learning curve but once you have it figured out its just plug and go.

On another note would some one chalk up the money for one of those 3d printers please? Ill be your best friend for the rest of your life.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

A learning curve indeed man the last two days I have been working on trying to get this craft robo cutter going man i just can't vet it to work iv been reading forums and everything rite but it keeps saying it can't read my registration marks but I got them printed out on paper and everything and I get it set up double check everything and hit cut and it acts like its gonna cut then a error comes up saying it can't read my registration marks any help
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TK5544 »

Is it failing after trying to read the first mark?
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Yeah
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TK5544 »

If you are using a carrier sheet line the line up the edge of the paper, not the carrier and then roll the paper up til the registration mark is just under the blade tip see if that helps it search it out any
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
such a graceful species
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Yeah I tried that and nothing, says it still wont register