Local AT-ST?

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Local AT-ST?

Post by gandalfbmg »

Hey, just wondering if we have any local AT-ST drivers? From the roster page it looks like one but I can't put it to a profile on the boards here (Stephen ;) ).

Anyway, the CRL has some wiggle room "The helmet is to be painted in Grey, Grey-Green or Olive tone", and the detachment boards have no clear consensus on a specific brand/shade combination... So I'll do what we do with the RFT: try to coordinate locally so when trooping together we look the same :)

So, anyone around here that's done the costume, what brand/color combination did you use on your helmet?
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
ToshD
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Jenny
Last Name: Angel
TK Number: 6612

Re: Local AT-ST?

Post by ToshD »

Hey,

That is Steven Blowers on the roster from Wichita. He and I did the At-st pilots together.

The green we used on the helmet is kilz spinach green rattle can. If that helps any. There is a bit of leeway on the green, but forest green isn't one of them. More military green is what is looked for.

Jen
Rantanplan
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tuomas
Last Name: Pento
TK Number: 9078

Re: Local AT-ST?

Post by Rantanplan »

As you are lucky enough to live in he states I would recommend Krylon camouflage paints they are THE way to go when you are looking to do a paint job with ''military'' colors, they are non-reflective and extremely easy to work with, there is no need for primer or clear coat, they stick to plastics very well and they are very wear resistant ones they have tryed. Word of an warning! don't even try painting inside with these colors ;)
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Local AT-ST?

Post by gandalfbmg »

What about this shade?
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334434677.568824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334434677.568824.jpg (42.36 KiB) Viewed 8427 times
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978