First build questions

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
hendersonw
First Name: Wade
Last Name: Henderson
TK Number: 0

First build questions

Post by hendersonw »

Hello all,

I am finally ready to join the ranks of Vader's Fist, and through a suggestion on the 501st forum, I've joined the forums over here to get better connected in the KC area. Unfortunately for me, it seems that the more I have read and researched, the more questions I have created. I would like to build out a CT costume, potentially from the 327th Star Corps, but I'm honestly not sure where to start. I've read several posts about kits, but I'm not sure if it is the most up to date information. I have also found a lot of acronyms when it comes to manufacturers, but there doesn't seem to be a clear "1st step" to me. I am open to any and all suggestion that you might have.

Thanks,

Wade
Serty
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Gann
TK Number: 1730

Re: First build questions

Post by Serty »

Hello hendersonw!

I would like to direct you to the Clone Troopers Detachment Forums here.

http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php

It is the best place to start when building a CT. Their you will find several different makers of clone armor and their is several W.I.P. (work in progress) threads of people building their armor. I know their are some that cover the 327th in particular.

After some time on their you should find the answers you seek. If not come back here and we'll look for the answers together. :D
Joshua Gann CT-1730
Captain of the Guard / 70th Explorers Liaison
Nickel
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Nick
Last Name: Letcher
TK Number: 4792

Post by Nickel »

Wade,

Andy Shimamoto (Culvan) is in the KC area and Troy Meier (madog5154) is in Sedalia, MO. There may be others in the garrison, but these are the ones that I know of that are closest to you. They both have great sets of clone armor and may be able to give you some advice. I look forward to seeing your clone when it's finished.
:jawa:
DZ-4792
Firehawk Squad
Culvan
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Shimamoto
TK Number: 2265

Post by Culvan »

I just wanted to echo what Serty and Nick already said. Clonetroopers.net and local support are a great starting point. There are a bunch of people in the area who have done Clones. Judge_Hellfast was the CT.N detachment leader for a while. He put together a pretty good set of links On our forum here. Unfortunately many of those links are dead.

I'll agree that all the acronyms for armor makers can be confusing. To add to the confusion some of them aren't selling anymore or only sell conditionally. It's usually a good idea to consider your body type. Different makes are designed for different bodies. OSCS made two variants of his armor for "tall" and "short". It's possible to tailor nearly anything to fit, but the less you have to modify it the easier it will be, it will be less work and usually it will look better.

It's probably also useful to look at the CRLs for the costume you are interested in to get an idea of all the different elements involved.
http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?showforum=80

Feel free to contact me over PM if you need anything specific. I'd love to help.

Andy
madog5154
First Name: Troy
Last Name: Meier
TK Number: 5154

Post by madog5154 »

PM sent.
If nothing sticks to teflon......then how does teflon stick to the pan?