Need Armor!!! Some one help please!!!

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
Fox517
TK Number: 0

Need Armor!!! Some one help please!!!

Post by Fox517 »

Hi I just moved to the St. Louis area and wanted to make some new friends. And who better than devoted Star Wars fans RIGHT? I vary much want to join the 501st and the 70th Explorers Garrison but I have no way of making a trooper armor or any other costume for that matter. I have always wanted a trooper uniform and I was wondering if any one had any ideas on how to start gatering peices. Being a student I don't have a lot of $$ and would probibly have to collect 1 piece at a time. I wouldn't mind if the peices were unfished the painting I can do and would very much like to do to make the armor my own.

Please if any one has any ideas don't hesitate to e-mail me.

kingjumper517@aol.com

thank you so much,

Fox
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

I wouldn't buy armor piece by piece if you can avoid it. It might be a better idea to save your money up and buy it all at once. Remember to include some extra money for accesories such as fans, amp etc. Yeah its a pricey investment but do it all at once so that you get parts that work together as a set from the same set of molds. Just save your pennies and you will get there.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
Fox517

Post by Fox517 »

Do you have any idea where I should go to get it all. And place that you recamend??
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Welcome aboard, Fox517. We're glad to hear your excitement about joining the elite (70th Explorers Garrison). There are a few of us who may be able to help you locate the armor of your desires.

However, lets narrow down the search a bit...What armor specifically are you interested in doing. (i.e. clone armor, stormtrooper armor, tie pilot armor, etc. etc.)???????????
Fox517

Post by Fox517 »

I would love to be a clone trooper just because there are a few more ways to personalize it. Give it my own tuch. But stortrooper would be just as good. But really I would like to go for clone trooper.

Fox
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

Clone armor can cost anywhere from about $350 on up, dending upon who you purchase your kit from. You might want to register at the Clonetroopers forum at www.clonetroopers.net/Forum to help research a bit.

A rule of thumb when assembling any armored costume for the first time is to plan on around $1,000 for a fully assembled ready to troop costume. That's only a rough figure.

I have to go home now since I'm at work right now, but I'll get back to ya on some helpful info.
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Hey bro,
Where you at in Ballwin? I live in Ballwin! :D

Anyway, you would do better buying all your armor at once. You want it to match. Getting different parts from different places can turn out kind of strange. You also have to watch out what it is made of. Some are different types and thickness' of plastic. ABS holds up better. You just really need to decide which set you want to start with and we can go from there.
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
Fox517

Post by Fox517 »

It would be sis actualy, I live pritty much right off 141 on Carmen.

That would be great. Thank you so much.
I actualy have to get home and I don't have a working computer there. But I will be back on tomarrow morning.

Thanks again,

Fox
Dinadin TK-5972
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Schafer
TK Number: 5972

Post by Dinadin TK-5972 »

That is right near me, I live in Chadwick Estates.
Rich
TK-5972
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
Schafer's Folly
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Fox517 wrote:It would be sis actualy
:o Argh. Sorry bout that. :lol:

When you decide which type of armor you want to jump into, we can hook you up with some choices on what to get. There are several different types of clones you could do. And Chris is right, get on the clonetroopers boards. There will be a wealth of info there.
Curt Stanfill
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
Rallyral
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Ral
Last Name: Wheeler
TK Number: 488

CLONE ARMOR

Post by Rallyral »

There is some JM clone armor on TDH now for 450.00 I believe. You may want to look there.
Ral S. Wheeler
TD-0488
70th Explorers Garrison
http://www.70thexplorers.com

Tar Ral
PawPaw
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

That's a fantastic price on JM armor. Thanks for the post RallyRal.

PM Sent with some resource info.

You may want to check here to make sure of the requirements needed to join as well: http://70thexplorers.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=57
Fox517

Post by Fox517 »

Oh I know the requirments. I've been reading about the 501st for a while. I have been picking up Star Wars Insider for over a year and a half now. I actualy looked into joining the northern California Garrison but then I found out that I was moving so I desided to wate till I got here.

For those of you that live around me I would love to get together and talk sometime. You know trooper to trooper.

Fox
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Anytime you want to chat, give me a call on my cell, 314-805-3073. It's on all the time. :D
Curt Stanfill
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
mrivorey
Last Name: Moody
TK Number: 394
Droids Owned: R2-D2

Post by mrivorey »

Fox517 wrote:Oh I know the requirments. I've been reading about the 501st for a while. I have been picking up Star Wars Insider for over a year and a half now. I actualy looked into joining the northern California Garrison but then I found out that I was moving so I desided to wate till I got here.

For those of you that live around me I would love to get together and talk sometime. You know trooper to trooper.

Fox
I've been toying with the idea of hosting an armor party for the STL area members. You're welcome to attend as well in order to meet everyone and get some ideas. Check out this thread ( http://70thexplorers.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=558 ) for the details as they develop.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody