STL Area Armor Party - November 18th

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
TK Number: 394
Droids Owned: R2-D2

STL Area Armor Party - November 18th

Post by mrivorey »

Okay, so I realize with us rolling into November and holiday season, now is probably not the best time for this, but with so many new members in the St Louis area, I wanted to see if there was any interest in having an armor party.

We could throw something on the BBQ, do some upgrades, and compare notes. We could even tie up Curt so there'll be a free space in the Rose Parade.

Lemme know what you guys think! I would be willing to host it, as long as no one teases me for my mis-matched furniture. What can I say, there's no woman in my life right now to complain about it.
Last edited by mrivorey on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Well, I would come to the party. The tieing up part is actually interesting. I didn't know you were into that Chris! 0_0 :lol: :lol:

A party would be a great idea. That would give us a chance to maybe get Goerge Shea finally finished with his armor. He's been working on it for over 2 years. And we could make him official. Anyone else interested?
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
mrivorey

Post by mrivorey »

Steve, Tony, Dan? Wanna come meet other members besides me? Get some ideas from other people? Do some mods?

Eric? I'm resisting the urge to make a joke here. Wanna come for the brats?

Rich? Wanna start the work on a Vader costume?
Chris Moody, TK-394
Fox517
TK Number: 0

Post by Fox517 »

I would really be interested in going. I know I'm not a member yet, and I haven't started to gather my armor, but I would love to see every one elses. Maybe get some ideas for my own. If you guys don't want me to come I would completly understand.

Let me know please,

Megan (Fox)
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Sure, you could come. We would be happy to have you there. It's a big help to see completed armor before you start working on your own. You can see how all the parts fit together and you can decide before you start, what mods you want to do. :)
Curt Stanfill
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
mrivorey

Post by mrivorey »

TK-1161 Curt wrote:Sure, you could come. We would be happy to have you there. It's a big help to see completed armor before you start working on your own. You can see how all the parts fit together and you can decide before you start, what mods you want to do. :)
Got anyone else you wanna invite to my house Curt? ;)

Lol, seriously though, you can come too. Like the man said, it's always good know how things fit together before you start trying to build it yourself!

And on that note, I should start a poll. Which Saturday or Sunday would be best for everyone? 11th, 12th, 18th, or 19th? Thanksgiving weekend (25, 26) is no good for me, as my parents are in town.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Fox517

Post by Fox517 »

I put in the 11th. But really now that I think about it any day would be good. The real tricky part is, seeing as I'm 18 and still living with my mother, is getting MOM to give the all clear. But I'll figure some thing out.
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

Fox517 wrote:The real tricky part is, seeing as I'm 18 and still living with my mother, is getting MOM to give the all clear. But I'll figure some thing out.
If your Mom is concerned about you going over to someone's house that she has never met that will likely be only guys there, she can maybe come along with you or perhaps you could bring a friend. Maybe Curt could have his daughter there or his wife for a while if that would make your Mom feel better. But please be assured that the guys in our garrison are good guys and that your Mom doesn't have anything to be worried about. :)
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

Post by TK5544 »

I would be worried going over to that mans house. I mean I am scared to be out in public with him especially with the whole tying curt up thing....... I NEVER KNEW!! The things you learn around here.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
Fox517

Post by Fox517 »

DarthBarbieDoll thank you for your ideas. I was thinking about maybe asking if my Mom can come along. My mom is really hard to predict, she could be cool with it or she could really freek. But every one here sounds so great, and I'm shure after I show her the site and every thing it will be OK.

Fox
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

I voted for the 18th but if another day would work better tnan I should be OK. :)
Curt Stanfill
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
mrivorey

Post by mrivorey »

Dru, what are you talking about?? You're the one that talked me into it!! The only reason I agreed is so I could take Curt's spot in the parade! :P

Megan, you are welcome to bring another person with you to keep us evil stormtroopers from corrupting you. Just make sure they realize how many geeks are going to be in one house! :lol:

Okay, who voted "other"? And what other day were you thinking? Personally, I voted for Sat. the 18th just so I have enough time to get the house in good shape (and hopefully it will still be that way the following weekend when my parents fly in). So let me just put it out there. Will that date work for everyone? Sat the 18th? I'm guessing 1:00ish, but anytime is fine. And what should I buy brats? Burgers? Both?
Chris Moody, TK-394
Rallyral
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Ral
Last Name: Wheeler
TK Number: 488

PROP PARTY

Post by Rallyral »

Ok tk-3po, I am the one who voted for other. I'd like to see it around spring or at least a second prop party sometime after March. The reason being that I am now at the start of hockey season and can not make one until then. Maybe a second one?
Ral S. Wheeler
TD-0488
70th Explorers Garrison
http://www.70thexplorers.com

Tar Ral
PawPaw
mrivorey

Post by mrivorey »

I have no problems with more than one party. :beerchug:
Chris Moody, TK-394
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Oh we need to definatly have one in the spring. We've proven that we can stand in a parking lot for 5 hours and just talk. Remember the last Best Buy gig? If we have armor involved, this could be a great day. :lol:
Curt Stanfill
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison