Leg Armor Problem

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
cblackthorne
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Adams
TK Number: 8100

Leg Armor Problem

Post by cblackthorne »

Hello,

I have just finished getting my armor together and after putting it on the first time, I noticed a problem.

On my left leg, the sniper plate keeps pinching my knee between the plate and the upper leg armor.

Is there any quick fix for this? My initial thought is to add some closed cell foam inside the sniper plate to make it protrude from the leg a little more.

I apologize if this is a silly question, but being new to stromtrooper armor, I wasnt sure if this was a common problem.

Regards,
Chris A.
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

I added a shim to my plate to protrude it away from my knee. I'll see if I can get a pic to show you what I mean. After this little mod, I had no problems with it sliding up under my thigh armor.

judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Pics are up. Also notice that I utilized post bolts and not rivets. I try and stay away from rivets as much as possible as they have a tendency to break and tear at your undersuit. Post bolts make a nice surface and hold things together very well. The only thing is to add a little glue to them so they don't unscrew.

I hope that helps. :D
cblackthorne

Post by cblackthorne »

Cool.

I think that will do the trick. I will try that tonight and see how it works.

Thanks very much for the help!

Regards,
Chris A.
cblackthorne

Post by cblackthorne »

Oh, by the way...

I know what you mean about the rivets. The person that assembled the armor previously, used alot of pop-rivets. In most places, its no big deal, but in a few places they actually hurt!

I had to remove one rivet that was on the bottom of the thigh pieces because it was digging into my knee.

Regards,
Chris A.