A summer project

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
xBlastEmx
TK Number: 0

A summer project

Post by xBlastEmx »

I have finaly caught me mums attention of stormtrooper armor making. I told her my idea of getting back our old shop vacum from my grandma's house back in St.Louis so I may attempt to actually get some armor started. She is considering of letting me do this. But before I get to ahead of my self and actually blow the whole project, I need to know if some one has some armor molds I may use over the summer. I hope this is the right place to post this question. And if there are any hight issues let me know. My email is Janeway1990@yahoo.com if any one could get back to me about the molds that would be great. Wish me luck and have a great weekend. :D

Jen O)
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

Hi Jen and welcome to the 70th Explorers forums. I have read about the pegboard and shop vac system of making armor although the majority of our members purchase the armor kits and then assemble them on their own.

Since you have a little while before you are the minimum required age to officially join the 70th/501st Legion, I would recommend saving up to purchase your own armor kit. :) There are plenty of knowledgeable folks on the forums here that could help you find a set of armor. But just be prepared that Star Wars costuming can be an expensive hobby, especially with certain costumes.

Regarding height, I'm 5'2" and am far too short to be a stormtrooper but that's my next costume on the list anyway. Please feel free to e-mail me with further questions and I'll be glad to help you out. :)
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Vac molds are nearly impossible to ask members for. Most of them have poured in major amounts of cash, time, and material to just lend them out freely. Most members who would even have vac molds would be looking to sell their vac'd pieces rather than giving it out for free anyhow.

However, the good news is that molds can be made fairly easy with the right materials. There are some members here who are experimenting with mold making and are making great progress!!! Maybe they'll pop in here and give a little advice.
xBlastEmx
TK Number: 0

Post by xBlastEmx »

judge_hellfast wrote:Vac molds are nearly impossible to ask members for. Most of them have poured in major amounts of cash, time, and material to just lend them out freely. Most members who would even have vac molds would be looking to sell their vac'd pieces rather than giving it out for free anyhow.

However, the good news is that molds can be made fairly easy with the right materials. There are some members here who are experimenting with mold making and are making great progress!!! Maybe they'll pop in here and give a little advice.
I shall keep checking in then :D thanks both of you for the comments they are really helpful. I can probably make the molds my self if I get the right demensions. I was also wondering is there a specific mold that you know of that might work better than wood, I was planning on using wood to keep the cost down, we just got done building a shed and there is some extras left. Well thanks again if theres any one you recomend for tips and hints let me know. This has been a great help :D and I appriciate the insight.

Jen :)