Mandalorian_soldier
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Zach
Last Name: Fischer
TK Number: 6491

getting started on my TK

Post by Mandalorian_soldier »

Just got my new set of F/X armor in the mail and boy was I overwhelmed with the directions to it, would anyone here have any tips on how they put their armor /helmet together (I have searched whitearmor.net and havent come across anything really useful)
Emotion, the true enemy of justice.

Zach T. Fischer
BH-6491
a.k.a. "Red Shirt"
70th Explorers Garrison
Gateway Squad
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

Post by TK5544 »

Praying, glue and an extra set of hands got mine together. But in all seriousness I test fitted EVERYTHING with GOOD painters masking tape (doesnt leave a residue behind) made sure it all fit correctly then started by fixing the helmet liner inside the dome then put the front and back to the dome reusing tape to hold it all together I then put on the ears. and from there I put everything else on I would put the eyes in before I did the front to the dome that Is where I screwed up and have had some problems with it so just an idea. I am sure others will have alot of input on what they did that Is what I did and I did mess it up in a couple spots with to much glue and slipping but wet sanding then polishing took care of those spots fairly easily. just be paitent test fit it with masking tape and remember PATIENCE obi-wan told luke that and I think we can all learn from that when doing it.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
TK Number: 394
Droids Owned: R2-D2

Post by mrivorey »

If you want to come up to the STL area BBQ / optional armor party, you can take a look a some armor in person, talk to a bunch of troopers, and get some advice. It's Sunday June 24th. PM me if you're interested.

Also, click on my banner for "some" advice. There's not much on my site about putting the helmet together, but I do have a photo gallery of most of the armor pieces. You can see close up what I did.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody