FISD Elite status TK

Progress reports on costumes
Terry19d
First Name: Terrill
Last Name: Handshy
TK Number: 2055

FISD Elite status TK

Post by Terry19d »

I just wanted to share with all here that I finally was able to attain Elite status with the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. :)

As a brief summary of what that's about, Elite status is granted to Detachment members who have gone above and beyond the 501st minimum costume requirements to strive for as much film accuracy as possible. This is a purely voluntary program - a kind of extra step for those who want to go the extra mile.

So far, out of almost 1,600 hundred members (not all of them 501st/TKs), there are only 18 members who have achieved this status.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... ntshot.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... deshot.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... ckshot.jpg

I just wanted the garrison to know that I'm proud to represent the 70th at the FISD and that I'm looking forward to many troops with this fine bunch. :)
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Congratulations on taking that extra step and representing the 70th. Your TK looks fantastic! The elite class seems to be a hot topic for most of the detachments this year. It will be interesting to see if this "new" class of costume grading will be something the Legion will support. No matter, you should pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

I would certainly be interested to know the thoughts of what our garrison member's views on the elite class system of costume grading would be. This is something that has not been formalized as of yet and may never be formalized. However, is it a good thing or a bad thing? I may post a new thread with a poll or discussion so I don't hijack this thread.

Keep up the great work. Your costume is certainly somelthing to be proud of and definitely shows your hard work. KUDOS
Dark One
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Aggson
TK Number: 7013

Post by Dark One »

So what TK armor do you have? TE, TE2, AP?
Eric Aggson
TC-7013
TD-7013
CLONES RULE!!!!!!!
I am SWARSAG!!!!!!!!
Terry19d

Post by Terry19d »

The armor is just an FX with some modifications (smaller, correctly colored ab buttons, for instance) with an AP helmet. I have a full set of AP armor that I am working on turning into a sandtrooper, but I'm going to use my TE2 helmet for that and keep the AP with the stormtrooper suit.
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
Dr. No
TK Number: 0

Post by Dr. No »

I think the concept of the elite thing is cool but I can sadly see some people taking it into thinking that they are the better members and being all elietist and such. kinda like how the FX already get a bad rap from people with the better suits. I dunno just my $.02
Every Stormtrooper is just one abs glue mistake away from a Sandtrooper
Terry19d

Post by Terry19d »

I think you do have a valid point, Dr. No. From my point of view I see this status as something fun for the individual to attain if he or she wants, just to feel a little closer to the films. It doesn't mean that such people are "better" troopers or should be afforded special privaledges.

It's funny, but I know at least several other Elite TKs use FX armor besides myself. Even though it's not the most "accurate" armor out there it can still look great and works out for those on more of a budget and/or those who can't fit into more accurate armor kits. The helmet looks fine to me for trooping - but I traded mine out because I didn't like how it looked on me or how it felt. The AP helmet fits nicely on my small noggin. ;)
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

Well, I think your elite.
Incognito Trooper
Dr. No

Post by Dr. No »

Terry19 Yeah I agree I hope my original post didn't come off like I think it's a bad idea I think it's awesome and more power to people who can achieve it but it only takes one bad mannered person to make every humble and appreciative person to ruin a reputation sadly. Sorry for hijacking Your suit is awesome dude I could only hope to achieve what you have
Every Stormtrooper is just one abs glue mistake away from a Sandtrooper
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

Great job on it. But I am kind of partial to my armor not falling apart, missing pieces or having tape on it like in the movies.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

:lol:
Incognito Trooper