TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Progress on my TK

Post by TrooperKerry »

Well I was going to add pics, but the files are to big, and I dont have any type of photo program to crop them etc. So I'll just babble :twitch:

I joined the FISD and really didnt post anything till recently, but I can say that my choice for FX armor to my size was most likely a good choice ( 6'3" and thanks to work comp 250lbs) Although I can lose the weight, not much I can do about height!
And yes I know that the FX bucket is rather large, I didn't realize just HOW large until the kit arrived, but I look at it like this (trying to stay positive, and yes I know about "bobble head lol )It will give me experience for when the time comes, to replace the bucket with something a little more approriate!
And as it has been said on here and FISD.......we all started somewhere!
Overall I am still excited and pleased about the kit, and its one step closer to that childhood dream, and making children smile and raise money for charity at the same time!

That brings me to my next point, so bare with me........My mother was Diagnosed with Breast Cancer one week after I did my graceful fall and tore up my knee, and she is now passed chemo and in radiation.......but most important......she is a SURVIVOR!
I have always donated to Susan Komen Foundation as well as the Asthma, HIV and MS foundations.

All of these are nondiscrimenatory and the fact of when Troopers show up, it brings a smile to faces and smiling can help the healing process if only temporarily!

Anyway....I'll get off my soapbox now LOL
I'll keep everyone up to date, I'm still planning on VisionCon!
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Re: Progress on my TK

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

I am glad to hear that your mother is responding well to her treatments. Tell her I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

And don't worry about having an FX bucket. They sometimes look better on a bigger person. I have one and the way I look at it is that it passed Lucasfilm's inspection for 3 different high profile events so they can't be all bad.
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Thanks Curt!

Now if we could get some of your POSITIVE attitude to rub off on some of the guys in the FISD forum.
They have been nice to me, but as I read through the forums, they can be pretty negative to some of the new people :twitch:

Even though I am not a 501st Member yet since my armor is still in pieces in my storage tub, this is my home Garrison and I'm proud of it, and I praise it in the FISD HIGHLY!!!!!!

The more I read in some of the forums here, its more like family compared to some of the cliques in the forums on other sites.

We are all in this for the same reasons! :stormtrooper:
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Re: Progress on my TK/ Solution

Post by TrooperKerry »

Howdy everyone,

Since my pic files are to big, and to get to know more of you better, I set up a myspace page to handle it ;-)

http://myspace.com/KS_Stormtrooper

I sent friend requests to the Garrison and Ken, since I recognized them right off, but welcome all!

And I can add my progress pics on there, and once I get Trooping, I'll add those pics too.

Thanks!
Dark One
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Aggson
TK Number: 7013

Post by Dark One »

Take what the FISD guys say with a grain of salt. They for the most part mean well. Trust me when i say it gets old answering the same questions over and over. I know that I have fired off at some in regards to clones. Also remember that a lot of those guys are big ACCURACY nuts like my self so when someone keeps asking "Will this pass say elite status?" even though they know better it can almost drive you crazy. Ask for any help you need. You are in the right place!!!!!!!
Eric Aggson
TC-7013
TD-7013
CLONES RULE!!!!!!!
I am SWARSAG!!!!!!!!
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

I wouldn't worry about the bucket. I have an FX and I love it. I don't think I would go with anything else. Room to put fans, mics, stuff like that in. Also, if you set it up right you can wear glasses inside of it if you have to wear them.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Since I can't download the instructions, Ral found me an assembly thread on FISD, which helped tremendously! ( THX AGAIN )

But the Bucket???? The thread that is there is for a different brand, and isn't really helping me much :frustrated:
I tried just piecing the pieces together in a logical fashion, but as I am single, there isn't a second set of hands and I was getting extreamly annoyed! None of the pieces come close to fitting, and Im not sure what I should trim down etc. ..................I'll just be the headless Stormtrooper :eek:
So if anyone has the bucket instructions in print, and can scan them and send them to me? I would be thrilled! :D

Okay Did the dry fit of the theighs, shins and arm this morning ( I used Clear Duck Brand Packing tape ) It holds well, leaves no residue.

I have alot of trimming to do with this kit ( I think the person that cut them out was drunk???) So I'll have that as my next project. The kit came with two sheets of plain ABS to use for whatever, I may have to use them on the theighs, but if not, I have the pices to enclose the sides between Abb and Butt/backplate.

Welcome you to look at the pics, here's the link
http://www.myspace.com/KS_Stormtrooper

I tried to add them here, but the files are just too big ( OR I have dial up :eek: So that could be part of the problem)

If anyone see's somthing "cadiwhompus" please tell me....................like I said no instructions in black and white! So Im doing this of pics posted.

Ordered the underarmor yesterday..............I looked for my dive skins I had (I'm PADI Certified) but they must be in storage :( And well with the rainy weather, I'm to lazy to go dig. At least I'm able to admit it :lol:

Need to order ANOTHER neckseal ( E-bay deleted my unit number for the house, and apparently delivered it somewhere, but not to me)

Need correct buttons and aerators ( Have the flat lenses) Gotta find the boots (IN MY SIZE) I have big feet, but Im from KS, it's windy here, so I need to have a firm foundation!

I appreciate all the help and encouragement thus far!!!!! :D
Last edited by TrooperKerry on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK 3181
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Lauthern
TK Number: 3181

Post by TK 3181 »

It's a shame that you are so far away. I have personally assembled and modded several FX helmets. I even made a simple wooden jig to hold the pieces while I install the dome. Funny that I never really documented the process. . . I know that you are already going by photos alone, but here are some pics of my personal helmet.

and 3 of the FX's that I have built:

I have the original instructions, if I can find them, I will scan and send them.
Brandon Lauthern

**Crushing the Rebellion...LIKE A BOSS!!**
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for the pics! If you can find the instructions that would be great or.........................send me a PM and I can ship it to you LOL

I think I'll be okay with the body portion, the bucket just makes me nervous :eek:

Obviously I have set the bucket aside for now!

Distance does stink...............I'm shooting for VisionCon for my first troop, so I'll be in Springfield..........unfortunately I'll need the bucket for that! :paranoid:

Thanks AGAIN!
Everyone's suggestions are keeping me from the Imperial Looney Bin :heh:
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Well I went and took a nap.................getting up at 5am isn't fun :roll:

When I woke up I tried to tackle the dry fit of the bucket.............................it's on myspace under TK Bucket.

I'm actually not sure if thats how it is to go together or not 0_o

http://www.myspace.com/KS_Stormtrooper

Thanks Again for all the help!
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Okay made a bit of more progress................Have the frown holes cut out :)

I think I am going to be okay putting the rest of the bucket together, just a little nervouse about it..........not sure why, since cutting holes into the frown was the intimidating part. But it's done now so NEXT

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be getting anywhere since the instructions aren't here.
TK 3181
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Lauthern
TK Number: 3181

Post by TK 3181 »

....still looking....
Brandon Lauthern

**Crushing the Rebellion...LIKE A BOSS!!**
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

We need to get you in touch with Johnston as he lives in Wichita and could definitely help you. He's built two TK outfits and did a fantastic job. Here is his profile:

http://70thexplorers.com/board/memberli ... ofile&u=73

Send him a PM and ask him if he could help you out. I'm sure he'll be glad to have another trooper in the area.
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Thanks Chris,

I did actually send him a PM, and he is now connected to me on myspace. So now there is 1 1/2 TK's in Wichita.................at least until I get mine finished!

Also thx for the answer to my thigh armor question!
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Re: Progress on my TK / Thigh Issue

Post by TrooperKerry »

Well I FINALLY got the thigh armor together.....................only took putting together and tearing apart 4 times :eek:

Due to my left knee issue and limping around since Feb, my right thigh is apparently bigger than the left, due to supporting all my weight.

So with a much bigger shim in place, it's finally one piece armor............I'm even going to have to fill in the bottom raised portion since it's about a 3" or so gap. But at least all my aggrivation aside, they are together! My biggest issue now, is that they are more oval shaped than circular....................and I don't have a heat gun :( so the power pack on the bottom of the left thigh won't exactly fit at this time.

We need an armor party close by! hint hint LOL

Since I don't have any type of photo program that allows me to downsize pics, I have them posted on my myspace page. Take a look and shoot me suggestions/ critiques, if ya have any.

I also want to thank everyone for being patient with my questions and giving suggestions to this point!