501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Transferring from TK to TD

Post by TrooperKerry »

As some of you might have noticed I've decided to go "dirty" :D
In my infinate wisdom :eek: I decided to do this 3 days prior to the Delano Dist Christmas Parade.....

The backpack is built, and finished version was worn at Star Wars in Concert KC a couple of weeks ago.
I already had dark green lenses in the bucket from day 1, and there are a few things still left to change.
I've also removed the drop boxes off the belt.

1. Blue tube stripes
2. correct aftermarket ab plate button cover (right now, it's just one of the drop boxes covering the ab buttons)
3. TD sniper plate
4. Cheese grater hand plate
5. Add "grease" black in areas for details mixed with my sandy brown
6. Ammo pouches ( I made some, but I'm not thrilled with them )

I think thats about it?????

TD's your opinion and tips would be greatly appreciated.

~Dar
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
kbfett
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Beckwith
TK Number: 6555

Re: Transferring from TK to TD

Post by kbfett »

Your armor looked good at SW in concert!!! I was wondering when you would submit it.
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

kbfett wrote:Your armor looked good at SW in concert!!! I was wondering when you would submit it.

Thanks Ken! I'll submit for transfer, after all the little details are worked out. It was an obvious transfer after comparing my bucket to everyone else's FX....mine is different for some reason, and resembles a TD version. We also have TK's as the majority down here, so it's nice to have a little variety!
Terry19d
First Name: Terrill
Last Name: Handshy
TK Number: 2055

Post by Terry19d »

Although I never did finish my TD (sold the armor to finance my clone), I did spend a lot of time researching sandtroopers in order to try and get the details down. Your list is pretty inclusive, plus I know you've taken care of some additional details which you didn't list. The only things I can think of to add are as follows:

1) Soft straps connecting chest & back plates instead of the hard, ridged TK straps. These can be made from canvas or leather, and are attached from beneath the plates instead of on top.
2) When you change out the TK ab details for the TD, leave the single vertical row of ab buttons, just paint them white and weather them.
3) BFG! Every sandy needs a honkin' rifle to lug around. ;)

Apologies if you already knew all that. I'm not even sure if some of this kind of stuff is even needed for acceptence, being more for nitpick accuracy than any real need. I think it will be nice to have another TD around to show all these TKs how real troopers look...just try to stand near the back during one of Lord Vader's inspections.
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TrooperKerry »

Terry19d wrote:Although I never did finish my TD (sold the armor to finance my clone), I did spend a lot of time researching sandtroopers in order to try and get the details down. Your list is pretty inclusive, plus I know you've taken care of some additional details which you didn't list. The only things I can think of to add are as follows:

1) Soft straps connecting chest & back plates instead of the hard, ridged TK straps. These can be made from canvas or leather, and are attached from beneath the plates instead of on top.
2) When you change out the TK ab details for the TD, leave the single vertical row of ab buttons, just paint them white and weather them.
3) BFG! Every sandy needs a honkin' rifle to lug around. ;)

Apologies if you already knew all that. I'm not even sure if some of this kind of stuff is even needed for acceptence, being more for nitpick accuracy than any real need. I think it will be nice to have another TD around to show all these TKs how real troopers look...just try to stand near the back during one of Lord Vader's inspections.

Thanks for the tips Terry!!
When I built my TK, JH recommended faux straps connecting chest and back plate........so I could just cover them with canvas ( I have extra since I already converted my belt from plastic to canvas)

I know some people have mentioned modifying the drop boxes to make the ab conversion, but I can't find any illustrations
:(

I did paint out the lines to grey on the bucket...but I couldn't remember if I had done that by SWIC or not :frustrated:

BFG!!!!! :D :D OH YEAH! actually Longshot has a donor gun, compliments of Philip (Zevlar) that he is converting for me into the sniper rifle........and I do have plenty of 3" PVC.....I need a T-21 also!!!!!

If you make it down to Wichita, and are bored and want to work on helping with the TD, your more than invited :D