clone commander WIP

Progress reports on costumes
dennybobbutt
First Name: dennis
Last Name: butt
TK Number: 0

Re: clone commander WIP

Post by dennybobbutt »

Yeah I just got a shopsmith that iv been dieing to use it I had one for a long time but it died a few years ago and just now got this one I have some major wood working plans for this thing
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

So some depressing news my bucket got dropped and the whole face got busted up new rule put it out of reach ok kids [imgImage][/img]
Image[/img]
There is a bunch of stress cracks all over the front to
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Jon
Last Name: Jones
TK Number: 9892

Post by the dark knight »

awww, shizer..... i feel your pain man, happened to my iron man pep sculpt as well. it is fixable, it will just take a little time. if you need some advice on how to attack it, drop me a line.
"You know its sad but true!"
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Yeah I know its fixable after I fix the main part I'm gonna dremel out all the small cracks andbondo I think while I'm at it I'm gonna take the arrator pieces off and drill holes and put fans in there but I got a plan so I guess that's a start I guess the main thing is not get angry and bust it up more that sucks about your ironman pep did you have to redo it or was that salvagable
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

i printed out a new face and glued it on the front, then i had to re-sculpt the face! lol
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Well that's not to bad yeah I went to that web site and have been looking around over there they have some sweet stuff over there I was thinking of print some stuff off and try doing a little pep work now that kids are doing back to school ill have a little more time now
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Well I'm going to be fixing my bucket this weekend and I got to basically go back to square one on this one and since all my armor hasn't been all the way painted yet I'm rethinking of doing Deviss ( from my understanding he isn't accepted in 501st ) but I'm still wanting to do commander so any suggestions ?
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

neyo's are rare (but you need a new helmet), could do commander bly, just need a set of binoculars.
gree's are sweet, but unless you have MAD paining skills, it would be pandora's box
bacarra-need new helmet
cody- jet pack, new helmet, greeblies up the but!

i personaly love gree, but as i found out the hard way, his paint scheme sucks. finished the lid and havent done anything else. 0_o
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Well iv started frankensteining my bucket back up no picks yet but I got dispatched out to Thomas Hill Missouri and ill be in a hotel there for the next 6-8 weeks so ill have some time to work on it and fix it in the evenings hopefully it sucks being laid off for four months staying up late waking up about 10-11ish to waking up at 5 to be at work at 7 and working 7 days a week 10-12 hours a day but oh well I'm used to it I guess
the dark knight
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

that does suck... atleast your back at it! now get crackin! :whip: :D
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Ok ok its been forever since iv posted no worry all is not lost (just yet) iv been super busie with work but have been getting little done hear and there but I'm getting ehere i can get more done on the weekends and am super excited about it to. Well iv got the bucket patched up its just been filling in the cracks and sanding getting ready to put some primer on and I'm still open for suggestions on which commander to do either bly, deviss, or appo so let me know which we need iv also fixed my pauldron so it looks better now lots better hope I can get some pics up soon
Serty
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Gann
TK Number: 1730

Post by Serty »

I would continue on with Deviss since you already have the pauldron. There are 12 Blys out there and only 3 Deviss', none of ether in this garrison tho, and Appo has to look like an ordinary trooper because of the three reference rule unless you don't have a problem with that. I chose to do a standard 501st trooper and buying all the Appo gear for non cannon events like cons. The anoying things with that is having to make all the commander gear easily removable (which gets tricky with the kama and holsters), and having to accept a CT designation instead of a CC.
Joshua Gann CT-1730
Captain of the Guard / 70th Explorers Liaison
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Yeah iv been think and I still really badly wanna follow my roots and stick with deviss I'm still trying to find a bionics piece either make (when I have time) or buy but the beatings will continue until moral rises lol