Culvan
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Shimamoto
TK Number: 2265

TK-2265

Post by Culvan »

I would've put up a build log here so everyone could follow the fun, but my camera broke at PCC so I've had some difficulty getting pictures. So rather than put up the whole log I'll just start at the end.

I've got AM armor with an MRCE helmet. I sewed the neckseal, canvas belt and holster myself. The would've been a lot more fun if I hadn't been pushing myself at such a grueling pace to get this ready to troop in on Friday. I'm very nervous about wearing it since it's not very "Battle tested" yet.

I need to find a better way to hold up the back of the belt. I'll need a handler to get everything in place as it is. The belt needs some sort of support to keep it in place. I'm sure I'll also learn where it's going to bite me too.

I've got a temporary holster right now. I bought leather to make a nice one so I've got mine on loops right now. I'll do a better job when I get around to that upgrade. I'll also have to upgrade the thermal Detonator clips at some point. Right now I'm using ABS that I heated and bent into the right shape.

Andy
kbfett
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Beckwith
TK Number: 6555

Re: TK-2265

Post by kbfett »

Looking good!
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

TK-4484
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
Last Name: Bauer
TK Number: 4484

Post by TK-4484 »

Looks great :stormtrooper:
Andy Bauer
TK-4484
70th Explorers
dennybobbutt
First Name: dennis
Last Name: butt
TK Number: 0

Post by dennybobbutt »

I emailed guy today and he got back to me I feel like that kid in the commercial making a PowerPoint telling the benifits of gettinga dog ......well yeah I gotta do that to the wife with this
Culvan
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Culvan »

dennybobbutt wrote:I emailed guy today and he got back to me I feel like that kid in the commercial making a PowerPoint telling the benifits of gettinga dog ......well yeah I gotta do that to the wife with this
:lol: Yeah, that's probably the most challenging part of the build... Convincing the wife to let you spend the money.

For me the next step is to try to figure out how to get the wife to join.

Andy
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Ha ha ha yeah same here I keep trying "the old jedi mindtrick" on her hoping she will cave in and say "ok ok I'll join with you"
Tyran
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Elliott
TK Number: 6388

Post by Tyran »

dennybobbutt wrote:Ha ha ha yeah same here I keep trying "the old jedi mindtrick" on her hoping she will cave in and say "ok ok I'll join with you"
My gf is the one who said "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS" when we saw the 501st at Celebration V. She wants to join but can't make up her mind on a costume...that and her MBA program wouldn't give her the time to troop at this point anyway :P
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Looks good Andy!
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Woo hoo I just ordered mine it should be here by thursday and I just got my boots in the only thing I need now is neck seal a belt how did you sew yours andy did you use a pattern
Culvan
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Culvan »

dennybobbutt wrote:Woo hoo I just ordered mine it should be here by thursday and I just got my boots in the only thing I need now is neck seal a belt how did you sew yours andy did you use a pattern
Congratulations, The fun begins soon. The boots were the slow part for me.

For the belt, I followed the tutorial by Firebladejedi over on whitearmor.net: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=665
I'd like to remake it. I didn't like the color, so I had tried to bleach it, but it got too frayed for my tastes in the wash.

I just took a swag at doing the neckseal on my own without a pattern. I got some kinda stretchy suit fabric (leftovers from an old project so I don't know what it was) I also used some thick quilt stuffing material. I sewed the quilt fabric between two layers of the suit fabric then sewed lines down it to create the ribs. It was really tricky, but I'm not very experienced sewing. The first few tests were unusable, but I learned from each one. I need to remake mine because I wanted to make a pouch for my voice amplifier.

I made a quick holster using troopermaster's template on whitearmor: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=271
I made this out of vinyl and it seems to small to hold the blaster I've got. Needless to say I'd like to remake it. I was going to scale it up just a little so that I can put my blaster in it. I'm also going to make it out of leather.

Andy
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Sweet yeah iv been over there religiously lol just looking and taking notes and downloading a bunch of stuff to get but yeah I got my boots already and I got some of the foam material and I'm gonna have my mom sew my neck seal I also have some black saddle leather and a bunch of other pieces I can die to make my holster I'd have to measure it out but I'm pretty sure I'll have enough left over if you like I might be able to throw some your way then I make the I got the stuff I just need to do make it but yeah I think I'm off to a good start