327th Build

Progress reports on costumes
hendersonw
First Name: Wade
Last Name: Henderson
TK Number: 0

327th Build

Post by hendersonw »

After what feels like years of researching, I finally have my OSCS bucket in the mail. I should have it by this weekend to start building it out. I plan on doing the face off mod, and I will make sure I thoroughly document my build process. I will upload pictures as soon as I can. Are there any other 327th's here in the KC area that I can bounce ideas off of?
HockeyTrooper
First Name: Bennett
Last Name: Gladden
TK Number: 4674

Re: 327th Build

Post by HockeyTrooper »

I'm not sure on differences between clones, but I believe Troy Meier is one of our clones in the KC area. I'm not sure what his username is on here though.
Culvan
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Shimamoto
TK Number: 2265

Post by Culvan »

I don't think we have any 327th clones in the KC area. You probably want to check out Dallas's builds since he's 327th and you may end up standing next to him at events like PCC, so it's good to know what color he used. You will also want to check out his builds because he does fantastic work and has posted most of it on our forums.

Troy has done the face-off mod on an OSCS helmet. His username here is madog5154.

If you've got any generic questions about the armor, shoes, weaponry, etc... I can probably help you out with that stuff.

Andy
Serty
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Gann
TK Number: 1730

Post by Serty »

I have also done an OSCS face off mod. I am not 327th but 501st but I am all OSCS.

Here is a link to my wip.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3608
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 237&type=3

Hope this helps.
Joshua Gann CT-1730
Captain of the Guard / 70th Explorers Liaison
Terry19d
First Name: Terrill
Last Name: Handshy
TK Number: 2055

Post by Terry19d »

hendersonw wrote:After what feels like years of researching, I finally have my OSCS bucket in the mail. I should have it by this weekend to start building it out. I plan on doing the face off mod, and I will make sure I thoroughly document my build process. I will upload pictures as soon as I can. Are there any other 327th's here in the KC area that I can bounce ideas off of?
I troop a 327th clone and am in the southern portion of the KC area. You can find some of the photos I've taken here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2918. Is there anything specific you'd like to ask about?
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
hendersonw
First Name: Wade
Last Name: Henderson
TK Number: 0

Post by hendersonw »

Terry19d wrote:I troop a 327th clone and am in the southern portion of the KC area. You can find some of the photos I've taken here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2918. Is there anything specific you'd like to ask about?
The pictures really help a lot...thanks!! 8)

My main concern at this point is just making sure that my coloring is correct. I know that there are several different choices for manufacturers when it comes to paint and I just want to make sure that my 327th matches up with others in the area. I would assume that both the primer and white base coat would have an effect on how the yellow stripe shows up. I'm sure that I am over thinking this, but the last thing I want is to be that clone with the weird shade of yellow (or white). :paranoid:
Terry19d
First Name: Terrill
Last Name: Handshy
TK Number: 2055

Post by Terry19d »

If I remember correctly, for the general armor I used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch white primer; then Painter's Touch white semi-gloss; and finally, I sprayed a couple coats of Minwax Polycrylic to help seal the paint job in and give it some weather protection. The 327th stripes I hand-painted using DecoArt Americana-brand acrylic paint #DA194, "Marigold". At the time, at least, that was considered to be one of the closest available colors to what was seen on screen.
Terry H.
TK/CT/ID/SL-2055
DTR1
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Roate
TK Number: 6309

Post by DTR1 »

I have those colors posted, I will try to find them and get them posted here.
DTR1
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Roate
TK Number: 6309

Post by DTR1 »

Found it. :D

(Armour)
Rust - Oleum
Satin White color ID# 7791

(Helmet)
Rust - Oleum