finally finished

Progress reports on costumes
mandalorian hunter
TK Number: 0

finally finished

Post by mandalorian hunter »

Hello everyone. This is Mandalorian Hunter. I wanted to let you guys know that with the help of my new friends Rhonda and Chris my outfit is done. I even went on my first troop to Walmart on the ROTS dvd and Battle Front II premire on the 31st in Blue Springs. Which was a blast. I can't wait for the next one. Thanks also to everyone that was there that night. I really felt excepted.

The new guy
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam {a warrior is more than his armor}
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Congrats on finishing. How much time did you spend on the whole project? When I did my TK armor, it took me 9 months because I was afraid to make a cut. Half the time I spent getting up the courage to do something. I was so afraid I was going to screw something up.

:shock:
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
thom k

finally finished

Post by thom k »

It took me about a year to get it to the level I wanted. I didn't want to do a sloppy job and I did make several changes to it. Besides, are we ever really done?
mandalorian hunter

finally finished

the reply from thom k is mine. i wasn't signed in when i wrote it. If you want to see the armor check out the pics from the ROTS dvd and Battle Front II event at Walmart on the 10/31. I do have a collar, I thought I had it with me and found out it was still at home.
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Like they always say...no project is ever finished, just forgotten. Keep up the good work bro. Hopefully we'll be able to troop together in the near future. Your gear is looking great! By the way, thanks for the kind words.

Chris
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

Hiya there Thom. :) Your costume is coming along nicely. I agree that no costume is ever really done.. we're always tweaking something to make improvements, lol.

Just as a reminder (and I know I e-mailed you about this already) but no custom character costumes of any kind are allowed as valid membership costumes in the 501st Legion. All costumes must be depicted in the movies or EU and the costume representation must be accurate, complete and professional. Any EU character backed with good reference images and constructed well should be acceptable but you must do the research and provide the required reference images for review by the Legion Membership Officer for final approval.

I know that you have said your costume is based on the comic book character Jaster Mereel from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Jango Fett : Open Season. There are four issues and the four cover pictures are shown here:

http://www.bobafettmp.com/comicbookupda ... season.jpg

http://www.bobafettmp.com/comicbookupda ... asons2.jpg

http://www.bobafettmp.com/comicbookupda ... asons3.jpg

http://www.bobafettmp.com/comicbookupda ... asons4.jpg

I realize that you have told me that you have pictures from the Star Wars Insider Issue 60 pages 112 and 113 but you would need to have the actual comic book and the pages from there to submit for reference for your costume so be sure to purchase the comic book or borrow it from a friend so we can have something to compare it to since you will need to provide the actual EU reference material for comparison. Unless of course it is one of those four covers that you were using as the basis for your costume, then just let me know which one it is. I hope that makes sense. :)

I still have the pictures I took of you at Scott's party so the only other part I will need is the EU reference images from the comic book. Once you get that, just let me know via e-mail so we can proceed with the next step in your application process. Thanks!

Rhonda
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
mandalorian hunter

finally finished

Darth Barbie, I think I can get the comics from a pretty good source. A to Z comics usually can get me what I need. Anyway I was looking at two pics in the article. None of them really give you a good look at the gauntlets or if Jaster is wearing a cape but I'm willing to get it right. Anyway I emailed you something back. and thanks for the pics of the online stuff.