My Scout Progress

Progress reports on costumes
kantis
TK Number: 0

My Scout Progress

Post by kantis »

So I figured I'd start a progress thread, as I just came up with my savings plan. My goal is about $650 for armor, CB with pouches, gloves, pistol, and jumpsuit. I'm going to take $50 of each paycheck out as well as my entire paycheck from my 2nd job (it's not all the much). I'm also puting what's left of my tax return after my April cruise towards the TB. In addition to that (how many sources does he have?) my final drill pay is going in the pot. If all goes to plan I should have all the money saved up by the end of March.

As far as actual progress goes, I have my boots (CA boots) and a Rubies helmet that just needs a lens and a new "fish hook".
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
TK 1115
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Johnston
Last Name: Lutton
TK Number: 1115

Post by TK 1115 »

Planning is the first major step. Sounds like you have a good one going. Looking forward to it all.
Johnston
TK 1115

"I'll draw skulls on it!"
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Re: My Scout Progress

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

kantis wrote:So I figured I'd start a progress thread, as I just came up with my savings plan. My goal is about $650 for armor, CB with pouches, gloves, pistol, and jumpsuit. I'm going to take $50 of each paycheck out as well as my entire paycheck from my 2nd job (it's not all the much). I'm also puting what's left of my tax return after my April cruise towards the TB. In addition to that (how many sources does he have?) my final drill pay is going in the pot. If all goes to plan I should have all the money saved up by the end of March.

As far as actual progress goes, I have my boots (CA boots) and a Rubies helmet that just needs a lens and a new "fish hook".
That sounds like a great plan! :) You definitely have some great boots (I love my CAboots) and the helmet improvements you mentioned as well reshaping your Rubies can certainly bring it up to par as well. Let us know how it goes and please let me know if you need any help with anything. :)
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Post by TB-3289 »

Yeah!!! More TB's!!!

:scout: :scout: :scout: :scout: :scout:

As Rhonda mentioned, reshaping the helmet is a big thing. (I made the mistake of taking my acceptance pictures before doing this.)

I took the approach of making most of the items myself. Figured I needed to learn the different skills to repair anything, so might as well learn up front. So if you need any help or advice, I'd love to help.

Do you have an idea of who you are going to get the armor from yet? SC, KS, MC, etc....

Anyways, keep us updated!!!
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
kantis
TK Number: 0

Post by kantis »

I'm getting my armor from TK/TB 1223 of the NEG. He used to have a website but I don't know what happened to it. Out of all the armor I've seen, I like his the best. I showed Rhonda my helmet and I think she said it was good (except for the fish hook and lack of lens).
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

Sounds good. I think when I get my last project done (TIE pilot) I have also been thinking about throwing together a Scout. Let us know your progress. Best of luck.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."