501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Schaeperkoetter
TK Number: 7221

Tusken WIP

Post by Drago Lordist »

progress report 1:
still working on the soft parts, currently I have everything i need save for a weapon. (sadly "zazarus" hasn't written me back on how he made his sniper.) thought I'd put it up for public critique.

Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

The Robe looks good.

Considering I was there when Dave builit it. I can tell you what the parts are (as best as I can remember them)

Crossbow style stock from one of those ping pong ball crossbows.

Assorted PVC parts

PVC Pipe

1/4 " Wooden dowel

Gorilla Glue.

PVC Cement

Basically if you look closely at the rifle you will get the idea of what pvc parts were used. The top and bottom barrels are glued together with wooden dowels and gorilla glue. Considering Dave picked up the PVC parts on no less than 5 or 6 trips to the hardware store I doubt he could even list all the pvc parts without taking a good hard look a the rifle.

I think Dave worked for almost a month on the rifle.

Also check out this site

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... f887cc4c54

Megan (raider babe) has done both Male and Female tusken costumes and her rifle is sweet.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
Zazarus
First Name: David
Last Name: Scheffner
TK Number: 4419

Post by Zazarus »

Yeah the stock I really lucked out on. Most people have used cut and sanded wood. I used a ping pong crossbow as a base and then went to Home Depot for the PVC pipe. (You have to go to Home Depot because Lowe's does not carry the step down pipe sections.) You can get the 1" to 1/2" adaptor for the drop from the main body of the rifle to the barrel. The end of the gun has a PVC pipe repair kit that was cut and shaved down. It's an older style of repait kit but I know you can still find them at the Ace hardware store up in KC so you might check there. The scope was made in a vary similar to the main body of the rifle.