Progress reports on costumes
cblackthorne
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Adams
TK Number: 8100

Scout Armor Question

Post by cblackthorne »

Hello,

Do the buckles on the hip straps have to be black or can they be white?

Most people seem to use black ones, but I have seen a couple with white buckles.

Also, alot of people use a large 2" white buckle on the back next to the thermal detonator. Is this required? I was thinking of just using velcro to fasten the belt.

Regards,
Chris A.
BH/SL/TK-8100
70th Explorer's Garrison

Image Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Post by TB-3289 »

Howdy Chris,

To be movie accurate, the buckles on the hip straps have to be black. As to if the white buckles are still accepted as an official 501st costume, I'm not positive.

Behind the Thermal Detonator (Survival kit?), I use a black buckle. However, since mine is actually behind the back piece, you never see it when I am wearing the belt. Most people use the white buckle since you can see it. Again, to be movie accurate you shouldn't see a buckle back there. Velcro would work great, just be sure to get some with a good grip. I'd be afraid that the weight of the belt and lots of moving around may start to wear it out, loosen it. Shouldn't be a problem though.

Hope this info helps!!!

Any more questions, just ask....

Later
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
cblackthorne
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Adams
TK Number: 8100

Post by cblackthorne »

Thanks Tony!

I have both black and white buckles for the hop straps, so I will go ahead and use black.

However, I have not been able to find a 2 inch white buckle for the back, so Im not sure how I will do that one yet.
Chris A.
BH/SL/TK-8100
70th Explorer's Garrison

Image Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TB-3289 »

I'll try and get a picture of mine tonight before I have to leave town and show you how I did it. Its a little harder to get closed, but you don't see it at all. The other option is to have the entire rear cannister (My humble opionion is that it is survival gear and/or food. Scouts were sent out for weeks at a time. Of course, this is an ongoing discussion between all scouts!! :D ) removable and clip it on over the buckle. Mine is over the buckle, but is attached so it does not fall off.

Anyways, hopefully it will be somewhat clearer when I get pictures up for you.

Later!!!
Tony

North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TB-3289 »

Tony

North Texas Squad
Star Garrison