Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

Just to explore this issue further Thomas is looking for Visas Marr costume to be based on the cut scene from KOTOR II. Here a small portion from an email asking about her saber.
Good morning again,

I believe the image you have linked to is an in game appearance. In
game you can arm Visas with what ever sabre (or gun) you like.

The sabre for Dark SIth Visas, would be the red bladed sabre for the
non-playable version of the character. At one point in the game, Visas
stops being a cut scene character and can become a member of your
party.

For the purposes of clarity, when describing the character being
considered for the 501st, we are only discussing the "cut-scene"
Visas.

Be well,
Thomas

Figure you would like all the information you can get on what people are expecting.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
kbfett
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Beckwith
TK Number: 6555

Post by kbfett »

Thanks for the tips,
The outer Tunic which people can attest to that have seen it in person looks like real leather/suade mix. Its a very cool looking fabric and we searched FOREVER to find just the right one. We thought it matched the actual CG of the game perfectly. The Shiny faux vinyl leather fabric just didn't look or flow right IMO.

As for the sleeves we've played wiht them and the bunched at the wrist look can be acheived by tightrolling the sleeves ( similar to what those of that grew up in the eighties are probably guilty of doing to our jeans) April liked the longer flowing sleeves better and thats where we hid her blaster holsters so she can seem to pull them out of nowhere like the game.

Hopefully april can make it to the trolly run and you can check it out my piss-poor photography skills don't do it justice...if only we had a proffesional FETTographer that was a member, he could probably get the right lighting on the dress ;)

We have a saber from Random sabers on order but it's been almost a year...it should be worth the wait though, I've see Rhonda's sabers and they are awesome for the price. In the mean time we have the custom hilt and blasters I whipped up.

Originally we hadn't planned on submitting the costume but figured that hell if everyone else was doing it we might as well too. I hope the legion approves it for everyone because as i flip thru the SL ranks there isn't much choice for females......I mean seriously theres like 50 Mara Jades Let's break it up people!!! Visas is a very cool looking character definately as cool as the other KOTOR characters they allow so...I'm crossing my fingers
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

MasterARES
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Steele
TK Number: 9633

Visas Marr

Post by MasterARES »

I am a HUGE fan of the Kotor series (played it at least six times over) and truly hope this sets the bench mark. In response to the comment above, if Thomas is going to base it off the cut scene, then in my opinion (up to you completely), you should lose the guns or place it along side it (where is the reference or picture of the blasters in the game?) and put the lightsaber where it is up the sleeve (cause there is also no reference to a clip for the saber on the belt, kinda like Sidious). Just a thought, let me know what ya think. I could help you do something like that if you wanted, but again, its up to you. Visas is one of my favorite characters in that series, I wish you all the best!
Brian Steele
SL-9633
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
bcsteele@live.com
573-270-8767 cell
X-Box Gammertag: x MasterARES x
"You underestimate my power!"
kbfett

Post by kbfett »

Hers an image we got from the official KOTOR 2 page. It was one of the wallpapers.

Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

MasterARES
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by MasterARES »

I think the blasters look real good on the costume, so you should keep them. Although, that image shouldn't be considered because it is a promotional image to advertise the game. Those blasters, along with many other items, can be equiped to ANYONE when you play the game. If I recognize them correct, they are mining lasers that are found at the start of the adventure a while before Visas enters the scene. They aren't specific to Visas. The only thing specific to Visas in the game and that cut scene are her lightsaber (which is actually broken by the exile in their first encounter) and her outfit. I still think it would be cool if you could slide the lightsaber up the sleeve next to the blasters, but I'll leave it at that. I am falling in love with you costume though, that is just nice work.
Brian Steele
SL-9633
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
bcsteele@live.com
573-270-8767 cell
kbfett

Post by kbfett »

Thanks for the advice.
I think youare right about those being mining lasers and the saber up the sleeve is a cool idea! when we get the permanant saber I might play wiht that idea.
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

MasterARES
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by MasterARES »

Keep in mind, I only offer advice, not requirements. I am excited about the way it looks, its just awesome! You could say I'm a bit jealous :evil:

Let me know when your your further along and/or if there is anything I can do for ya, I would love to see it approved!
Brian Steele
SL-9633
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
bcsteele@live.com
573-270-8767 cell