Officer's uniform

Progress reports on costumes
kantis
TK Number: 0

Officer's uniform

Post by kantis »

Since the armor guy for my scout is going through some things I think I'm going to make myself an Officer. I'm going to have a General costume because General Veers stomped on those rebels but good. I have the Mcalls pattern and quite a few reference pics that I hope should help with the alterations.

After reading many threads I still have one question, is there a correct shade of grey for the fabric?
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
kantis

Post by kantis »

I found an online store that sells the chalk holder used as a code cylinder, and for reasons unknown to me they're giving me a permanent discount of 15% off.

So as of now I have the code cylinders lined up from there, the greeblies from elvis trooper, the hat pattern from the Officer Corp forums, the Mcall's pattern, and someone that will sew everything up for free. I just need to sort out the boots, belt, rank, and the proper shade of grey fabric.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Color

Post by Cmndr Falken »

According to the imperial officer detachment website the color is closest to coats and clark thread color "smoke"

http://officers.conforums.com/index.cgi ... 1171871561

Also my tutorial may help for some of the rest.

http://dagobahswamp.dyndns.org/public_h ... stress.htm
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
kantis

Post by kantis »

I suppose for the sake of unifomity I could try to match fabrics with the other grey Officers in the Garrison. CJ, do you happen to have an extra piece that I can use to match up?
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
kantis

Post by kantis »

Two down. I just bought a belt from ebay and 4 greeblies from elvis trooper. I went to walmart tonight and I found two shades of grey that might work, I'm going to talk with Johnston and see what he thinks of them. Now I need to find boots, make rank, and buy code cylinders.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
kantis

Post by kantis »

I have a question about a slae on ebay but if I remember right I shouldn't post a link to the sale. As of this post it has 2 days 16 hours left, if someone would PM me to check it out I would be greatful.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
kantis

Post by kantis »

Well stang, the person who was going to sew my Officer uniform is going in for surgery so I wn't have anything for the stamp release.

In the meantime, has anyone delt with or seen an officer costume from "costume bay"?
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Post by TB-3289 »

I have never dealt with Costume Bay myself, so what I am about to say is third hand.... so take it with a grain of salt until somebody that HAS dealt with them can speak up.

Talking to various people for other costumes, I have only heard bad things about them. Was told they are very slow and the quality is so-so. I was warned to stay away from them.

Hopefully somebody that has dealt with them first-hand can speak up with their results.
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
kantis

Post by kantis »

So far all I've ordered from them is the belt. I've decided to price out tailors in town, I'd rather pay a little more and have something good that fits.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

I contacted a few people on your behalf to see if they are willing to sew one.

I will forward their info to you if they are willing.

EDIT PM Sent
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
kantis

Post by kantis »

Thanks, PM replied to.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
kantis

Post by kantis »

I got my Costume Bay belt today, the only thing I'm not thrilled with is the greeblie, but that's why I bought some from Elvis Trooper. So that's two down....a bunch left to go.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
kantis

Lack of Progress report

Post by kantis »

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a while, lots of things going on. Sadly I have no progress on my Officer, the person sewing it up for me has other projects ahead of mine.
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR
Gabrin_Kinoda
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Susan
Last Name: Easter
TK Number: 6751

Post by Gabrin_Kinoda »

I'm sewing Brandon's grand admiral for Dragon*Con. If your seamstress doesn't start yours in the next 4 weeks, I could probably do it for you. No time until after DCon, though. Just a thought!
Susan Easter
-------------
So many costumes, so little money.
mandalorianmercs.com
thedarkempire.org
cobrasfinest.org
kantis

Post by kantis »

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. I have the civil war patterns, thread, and the cloth. I just need everything else to make the uniform (liner, stiffening stuff to make the collar stand up, ect)

*NOTE*
DO NOT LEAVE A "COSTUME BAY" BELT IN A HOT CAR FOR MORE THAN A DAY OR TWO, IT WILL BE DESTROYED! :cry:
WILL WORK FOR ARMOR