A new milestone...

News and Announcements intended to be viewed by the general public, as well as 501st, and 70th members.
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

A new milestone...

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

In the days following Star Wars Celebration VI, the 501st Legion reached an epic milestone. For years, each of our new members was assigned a unique four-digit identification number that became theirs for life. Having exhausted all other numbers from 0000 to 9999, on August 31st, 2012, the Legion assigned the last available four-digit number to Peter Smart, IN-8534 of UK Garrison. A new era then dawned in the Empire, ushered in by the first five-digit member of Vader's Fist: Garrison Tyranus's William C. Adamson, TK-92901. Now, with almost 6,000 Active Members worldwide, the Legion soldiers on into a bright future, looking forward to approving our next 10,000 members!
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
columbiamo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Guess
TK Number: 42779

Re: A new milestone...

Post by columbiamo »

Well, at least the options for a TK identifier are wide open now. lol
HockeyTrooper
First Name: Bennett
Last Name: Gladden
TK Number: 4674

Post by HockeyTrooper »

I wonder how long til we get people spelling things out with their legion IDs. Imagine...TK-80085 :eek:
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

So am I the Garrison's first 5-digit number?
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
TK Number: 394
Droids Owned: R2-D2

Post by mrivorey »

gandalfbmg wrote:So am I the Garrison's first 5-digit number?
In fact you are! I had to change our database to make room for your extra digit, so you're officially beta testing the new code. Lemme know if anything looks wonky on the 70th web site where your number is concerned.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

mrivorey wrote:
In fact you are! I had to change our database to make room for your extra digit, so you're officially beta testing the new code. Lemme know if anything looks wonky on the 70th web site where your number is concerned.
No problems with the ID that I've seen so far, but I do have a techy type issue to report. I'm not seeing any images from the boards (in posts or in signature lines) when using IE8. They show when using Chrome.. Not sure if this is just a browser security setting (probably) or if there's some kind of compatibility issue with IE. It's been that way for me for a while actually, but I was never really bothered until I've been involved in some threads with images lately...

I really need to just break the IE habit, but its hard when I'm at work and so much of what I does has to use it only...
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
TK Number: 394
Droids Owned: R2-D2

Post by mrivorey »

gandalfbmg wrote:
mrivorey wrote:
No problems with the ID that I've seen so far, but I do have a techy type issue to report. I'm not seeing any images from the boards (in posts or in signature lines) when using IE8. They show when using Chrome.. Not sure if this is just a browser security setting (probably) or if there's some kind of compatibility issue with IE. It's been that way for me for a while actually, but I was never really bothered until I've been involved in some threads with images lately...

I really need to just break the IE habit, but its hard when I'm at work and so much of what I does has to use it only...

My guess would be that it is a browser security issue. I run the forums using SLL encryption so that no one can snoop our passwords when we're on hotel WiFi at conventions and such. Since a lot of the images are coming from 3rd party web sites like Photobucket, or Flickr, my guess is IE blocks them because they are NOT encrypted like the rest of the page.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

HockeyTrooper wrote:I wonder how long til we get people spelling things out with their legion IDs. Imagine...TK-80085 :eek:
Can I change my legion ID number :lol:
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force
TK-4484
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Bauer
TK Number: 4484