Dragon Con--Droid Hunt

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
Gabrin_Kinoda
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Susan
Last Name: Easter
TK Number: 6751

Dragon Con--Droid Hunt

Post by Gabrin_Kinoda »

Does anyone know if the 501st is sponsoring the Droid Hunt again this year? I have a few Mandos over on the Mercs site that are interested in forming a team...
Susan Easter
-------------
So many costumes, so little money.
mandalorianmercs.com
thedarkempire.org
cobrasfinest.org
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

I have NO idea.

How hard do you have to work at droid hunt? I will be at DC and would be willing to keep a look out for you if it's just a 'watching for droid badges' thing, but this is more like a personal vacation for me than a troop so I won't be doing it myself.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

I just checked on the 501st forums and there will be a Droid Hunt at Dragon*Con. :)
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
Gabrin_Kinoda
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Gabrin_Kinoda »

DarthBarbieDoll wrote:I just checked on the 501st forums and there will be a Droid Hunt at Dragon*Con. :)
Groovy. Do they have any pre-reg, or do you just register once you get there?
Susan Easter
-------------
mandalorianmercs.com
thedarkempire.org
cobrasfinest.org
Edward Karl
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by Edward Karl »

Droid hunt is F*U*N, fun! You can pre-register or register there.
How hard do you have to work at droid hunt?
You can work as hard as you want! :P For me, I enjoy playing the Droid Hunt game because I love competition and I enjoy interactions with the convention attendees. For those who have never played before, please check out this great instructional clip that was developed for Celebration IV: http://www.kimncris.com/droidhunt/c4droidhuntremote.htm

First, your team captain need to sign-up your team at the 501st Booth. Then, each team member would be given approx. 20 raffle tickets. With the raffle tickets in hand, you are ready to roam all over in search of attendees who have picked up the DH cards the day before and should now be wearing them prominently. But, what you will find is that some would hide them and some may even run from you.

When you encounter someone with the Droid Hunt card, you are supposed to approach them and say, "How long have you had these droids?" They are supposed to surrender their DH card in exchange for one of your raffle tickets.

Once you have collected your 20 DH cards and have given away the raffle tickets, you would turn return to base (501st Booth) and turn in the DH cards, along with the other matching half of 20 raffle tickets. You would then be given another set of 20 or so raffle tickets so you can 'hit the floor' again. The raffle tickets you turn in would recorded under your team's name and be placed into a container and would be eligible to win one of the many fabulous prizes (see photos from Celebration IV: http://501st.com/droidhunt/c4winners.php)

Beware of Jedi Mind Trick cards, which essentially gives the holder a one-time immunity (see photo below). Confiscate their Jedi Mind Trick card when used so that the holder do not keep using the same card over and over again. Since you do not collect the DH card, the person does not get a raffle ticket.
Tip: The way to combat the Jedi Mind Trick Card is to roam the grounds with a wingman!!

At the end of the Droid Hunt game (typically at 5:01 pm), the number of collected DH cards/raffles turned into the 501st booth is tallied and the winning team members each receive a medallion. This is our team at Comic-Con 2007:

Regards,

Edward Karl
Legion Executive Officer
501st Legion
Gabrin_Kinoda
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by Gabrin_Kinoda »

Thanks so much! What a great explanation. I had forgotten about the raffle tickets. :)
Susan Easter
-------------
mandalorianmercs.com
thedarkempire.org
cobrasfinest.org