Gaming System Advice

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!

What gaming machine would you choose?

PlayStation3
7%
XBox 360
71%
Wii
21%

Total votes: 14
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Gaming System Advice

Post by judge_hellfast »

What gaming system would you choose and why? If you choose Playstation, I would be interested to know if you would be happy with a 40gb, 80gb or a 160gb system.

Any reviews of the various systems are welcome. Thanks for helping out, gang.
kbfett
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Beckwith
TK Number: 6555

Re: Gaming System Advice

Post by kbfett »

I have a 360 and really like it because I like the Xbox live interface for "hanging out" with friends online. Xbox is notorious for the Red Ring of Death though. Their fail rate is really really high. Most games come out for both systems eventually(except HALO and Little Big Planet).
the PS3 is supposedly more reliable and the graphics are a little better. plus you get a Blu-Ray player. I don't own one but IF my wife really loved me she would buy me one ( I hope she reads this before Valentines day).
We also have a Wii. It's gimmicky and fun. The graphics are not that great and to tell you the truth I really only play it when people come over. Who wants to bowl by themselves and especially who wants to get their ass off the couch....

In summary you should buy all 3...if you need money I could give you $50 bucks or so for that Predator costume...you know just to get you started...
Ken Beckwith
TK/TC/BH 6555
70th Explorers Garrison

TK-4484
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Bauer
TK Number: 4484

Post by TK-4484 »

Kids have the 360 and had to replace it after 9 months, new one seems ok. I will do $75.00 for the predator and throw in some slightly scratched games. That is the other bad part... them stupid disk scratches.
Andy Bauer
TK-4484
70th Explorers
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

I have both the 360 and the PS3. They both have their good points but I have also had to change out the 360 once. Make sure you get a replacement plan/warranty on both of them if you do get one.

And I would bid on the Predator but there's no way in heck that my fat body would fit in it. But then again I could sell it to Ken or Andy...
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Adam
Last Name: McDonnell
TK Number: 2674

Post by TD_2674 »

PS3 is the glitchiest system. This is because most games are designed for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3. When they make the transition to the Blu-Ray format things go wrong. If the game is exclusive to the PS3 then it is great! I would have to vote for the 360 in the end.
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
miss_grievous
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rachael
Last Name: Norton
TK Number: 6984

Post by miss_grievous »

We have all the current gen systems, and our 360 is definitely played the most.
Our PS3 is used as a Blu-Ray player, and that's about it.
Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies..... I make them.

TB-6984
Garrison 66 Official Cookie Maker
Garrison 66~501st Legion
TK Fro
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Charles
TK Number: 6241

Post by TK Fro »

Yes and our Wii has honestly been a bit of a disappointment and this is coming from a Nintendo person. All it has is Twilight Princess and Brawl and that's about it.
Charley Norton
70th Explorers Garrison
Commanding Officer 2011-2013

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
miss_grievous
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rachael
TK Number: 6984

Post by miss_grievous »

TK 'Fro wrote:Yes and our Wii has honestly been a bit of a disappointment and this is coming from a Nintendo person. All it has is Twilight Princess and Brawl and that's about it.
Wii Sports is fun, too.
Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies..... I make them.

TB-6984
Garrison 66 Official Cookie Maker
Garrison 66~501st Legion
TK-4484
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Bauer
TK Number: 4484

Post by TK-4484 »

Thanks CO, I know you would go for the local guy. ;) Bribe involved
Andy Bauer
TK-4484
70th Explorers
standtrooper
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Orr
TK Number: 2030

Post by standtrooper »

I realize that I'm coming into this a bit late... If you want more workout and a fun game or two then the WII. I have one and I'm ok with it. I've never owned an XBox, so I can't attest to it. I do have a PS2 still and still play a few games on it. Mostly, tho, I play games on the DS, or my PC before I play on anything else... but then again, I write more for games than play them.

I like the WII b/c it gives all of us something to do together. I ski with both my kids, do wii outdoor, etc... but there's not that many good gaming games for it that I know of.
Don't forget to "Give it up for a Trooper",

timo
TK-2030
StandTrooper
JLo Hoff Trooper
StandTrooper.com
70th Explorers
70thExplorers.com
501st Legion
www.501st.com
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

You can't beat the price on the Wii, and I'm a 'old school' Nintendo person so I love the virtual console and I'm NOT a 'new school, graphics oriented' gamer, so I could care less if the games are dumbed down versions of PS3/360. I can get the games I want on the Wii, plus some, and the price is better than the others, and it's GREAT for people with kids too, and it the connectivity with the DS is another plus... I recommend Wii to anyone who is anywhere close to me...

If I was going to get another of them, I'd get the PS3 next, because I'd get my Blu-ray player too, that and the improved version of rock band/guitar hero (they are a bit dissapointing on Wii for lack of some aspects) are about all I'd use it for probably...
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Thanks for the input, gang. :D
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Post by TrooperKerry »

I wouldn't consider myself a "gamer" but I think I have every game possible SW related with the exception of Lego versions for my PS2. But I was wanting to play Republic Commando, so I went to game stop and bought a used Xbox for just under 50 bux. I just can't bring myself to spend $300.00 -400.00 for a game console. :eek:

I look at it as, that money is going to RC armor and other costuming acquisitions :D

Just my 2 credits worth for older systems, that keep me occupied!
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
MasterARES
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Steele
TK Number: 9633

Post by MasterARES »

Overall, the xbox 360 far exceeds the other two if you are all about gaming. The Wii is really a fun machine...I like it, but it's not very competitive, which I personally enjoy. The only problem with the xbox system...are the red rings of death. I agree with the earlier post in that you should definitely get a replacement plan. Other than that, I do note that the PS3 has FREE online playing while I do have to pay for xbox live, however, the PS3 doesn't have near the amount of game options as the 360 does (this is could strike a debate).
Brian Steele
SL-9633
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
bcsteele@live.com
573-270-8767 cell
X-Box Gammertag: x MasterARES x
"You underestimate my power!"
TK Fro
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Charles
TK Number: 6241

Post by TK Fro »

To help expand on Brian's post. If you get an X-Box Elite (the black one) you don't have to worry about the "Red Ring of Death." The only thing that might happen, and I stress might, is an E74. I get that from time to time and a hard reset fixes that problem. An E74 is an Audio/Video error.

The Playstation Network, Sony's online gaming, really stinks. They have no dedicated servers to play on so they leach off of the player's internet, much like the beginning of computer online gaming. So cheating is abundant and the games themselves are painfully slow. Trust me, I've tried playing on it and stopped the same day. The only game that has a dedicated server is Resistance 2.

Hope that helped.
Charley Norton
70th Explorers Garrison
Commanding Officer 2011-2013

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.