Firefly costume club

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
Crix
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Turner
TK Number: 4913

Firefly costume club

Post by Crix »

Hello everyone!
This is Crix from the Nar Shaddaa Base and Midwest Garrison (IL).
Obviously I am Huge Star Wars fan like the majority of us, but I have another love. Firefly!
Being a member of the 501st and Rebel legion for around 2 ½ years, doing about 125 troops, sometimes I need to mix it up.. Wear different costumes so I don’t get too burned out..

One of the best reactions I ever got when not wearing “Star Wars”, was when I wore Jayne from Firefly.
It was a lot of fun and reminded me of times when I first joined the 501st and RL.
It was at a local Con in Chicago called Cyphan. There I meet 3 other people wearing “Firefly” costumes a Captain Mal, River, and Wash. We were a huge hit.

I wanted to do this at more cons.. So I looked for a group, club, whatever, similar to the 501st and RL, but with Firefly. I could not find one that dealt with the whole firefly verse. The one I did find, only did the “independent army” costumes. I could not find any others.

So… I started one. :)

It’s called “The ‘Verse” a Firefly/Serenity costume club.
Its pretty small right now. Just getting started.
http://theverse.proboards.com
also on FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Verse ... 9512712275

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join the boards and FB. Talk about Firefly/Serenity costumes, offer ideas, suggestions, post pics, whatever…

Hope to see some you there!
Later
Crix
merrick
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Bakeberg
TK Number: 8947

Re: Firefly costume club

Post by merrick »

Shiney!