Planet ComiCon moving to Bartle Hall

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
columbiamo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Guess
TK Number: 42779

Re: Planet ComiCon moving to Bartle Hall

Post by columbiamo »

I'm new to all of this but when you all talk about ticket prices you're not talking about paying to appear in costume right?
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

columbiamo wrote:I'm new to all of this but when you all talk about ticket prices you're not talking about paying to appear in costume right?
Even if you go in costume, you still have to pay admission. We've typically gotten a slight discount (which lately has been the same as the earliest preregistration price), but that's not even a given as they could revoke it any time. We're not there working for the event, we're there as fans just like anyone else; albiet cool and organized fans.
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
columbiamo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by columbiamo »

gandalfbmg wrote:
columbiamo wrote:I'm new to all of this but when you all talk about ticket prices you're not talking about paying to appear in costume right?
Even if you go in costume, you still have to pay admission. We've typically gotten a slight discount (which lately has been the same as the earliest preregistration price), but that's not even a given as they could revoke it any time. We're not there working for the event, we're there as fans just like anyone else; albiet cool and organized fans.
Ah hence the title, "fan group" the events still charge us admission as well as charge us to set up tables?
gandalfbmg

Post by gandalfbmg »

I don't know if the 501st pays for their space, but RL always has had to.
columbiamo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by columbiamo »

gandalfbmg wrote:I don't know if the 501st pays for their space, but RL always has had to.
Noob here, what's RL?
KyrJorso
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Cottingham
TK Number: 7530

Post by KyrJorso »

columbiamo wrote:
gandalfbmg wrote:I don't know if the 501st pays for their space, but RL always has had to.
Noob here, what's RL?
Rebel Legion
Bruce "Matchstick" Cottingham

Proud to support the Endor Deforestation Project, in honour of our traumatized brothers.
columbiamo
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by columbiamo »

That's my question, if we pay to have a table there is it common to have to pay admission to walk the floor as well??
KyrJorso
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Cottingham
TK Number: 7530

Post by KyrJorso »

I think we pay a reduced fee, but there will be a sign-up post with explanation when the time comes.
Bruce "Matchstick" Cottingham

Proud to support the Endor Deforestation Project, in honour of our traumatized brothers.
Dman
Eternal Trooper
Eternal Trooper
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Bain
TK Number: 5266

Post by Dman »

Typically when the group purchases table space there are usually 2-3 "free" passes given for people to man the table and then group memberships (entry fees) are given at a discounted rate...
gandalfbmg

Post by gandalfbmg »

Has anyone talked to Chris Jackson or anyone else with the show on behlf of the 70th? I've not gotten a response since the first couple weeks after the date/location announcement was made (and that was just to say 'it's too early to say what we'll do with you guys, check back later'), the most recent was about a week ago. It's been my experience he doesn't respond to me until after he's booked the first SW guest, THEN we become important, but I didn't know if maybe he's talking to the 501st already, and we can glean some info from that...
BedlamX
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Sutton
TK Number: 33313

Post by BedlamX »

Still haven't seen a ticket price yet, either. It would sure help with the planning and budgeting if we could find out if we have a place to change and how much the tickets will be. I'm on call that weekend and will have to get someone to cover for me. Really need to know if I can even afford to go with the cost for parking and all that down there.
gandalfbmg

Post by gandalfbmg »

BedlamX wrote:Still haven't seen a ticket price yet, either. It would sure help with the planning and budgeting if we could find out if we have a place to change and how much the tickets will be. I'm on call that weekend and will have to get someone to cover for me. Really need to know if I can even afford to go with the cost for parking and all that down there.
Regardless of ticket prices or anything else, I would anticipate paying $10 (give or take) a day in parking. Even if you got a hotel room there, I believe they add daily parking charge to your bill (whenever I've stayed at a downtown hotel in any city, that's what they've done), and I've never heard of any convention at Bartle getting free parking down there (in fact, I'm pretty sure the parking lots aren't 'part' of Bartle so unless the convention bought them out for their guests, I don't think it'd be possible). The only thing I could see him doing is shuttle busses or something from areas with ample, free parking (my company holds a conference there every fall, and they run shuttles from our campuses in the burbs to Bartle several times a day so we can park at work and go down to it w/o having to pay for parking); but that would end up being something we'd have to pay for too.
Bynk
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Bingham
TK Number: 5960

Post by Bynk »

If there are any troopers not from KC that need a place to stay, give a shout. I've got a futon couch and floor space. Only 5 miles from downtown. Kudos!
Kevin Bingham
Serty
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Gann
TK Number: 1730

Post by Serty »

They have posted prices now.

$25 for Saturday only

$20 for Sunday only

$40 for full weekend

Free for ages 10 and under

$10 a day for ages 11 to 15

will we be getting a club price?

Also confirmed Star Wars guests are Peter Mayhew and once again the awesome Tom Kane!

other guests are
Adam Baldwin - Firefly, Chuck
Lee Meriwether - 60's Catwoman
Julia Benson - SGU

I think the price isn't as bad as I was worried it would be.
Joshua Gann CT-1730
Captain of the Guard / 70th Explorers Liaison
TB-WCH
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Holmes
TK Number: 7014

Post by TB-WCH »

Josh,

Chris has gotten back with us and he is still in the planning phase. He is working on an expanded area for all the Star Wars costuming groups.

There will be a club price, but he is still tweaking his numbers. I expect to hear back next week on an exact amount.

Thanks,

--Bill
Bill Holmes "Longshot" TB-7014
501st Legion/ 70th Explorers Garrison

Rebel Legion

The Madalorian Mercs

The Dark Empire

Saber Guild

Droid Builders