shaun con 23

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
mandalorian hunter
TK Number: 0

shaun con 23

Post by mandalorian hunter »

Anyone going to the con at the hyatt / crown center the weekend of Nov. 17 - 20. If you are let me know. Mabey we could get a carpool together to save on parking. Also is this a wear your armor thing or not?
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam {a warrior is more than his armor}
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

I was thinking about heading up there for this. However, I'm still not sure if I am or not. I know, I know...I sound awful wishy washy. LOL Does anyone know what the price for this thing is?
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

judge_hellfast wrote:I was thinking about heading up there for this. However, I'm still not sure if I am or not. I know, I know...I sound awful wishy washy. LOL Does anyone know what the price for this thing is?
Not sure, but smaller cons usually aren't much, and even at bigger cons, you end up spending more on your food and transportation than the con ticket.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
mandalorian hunter
TK Number: 0

shaun con 23

Post by mandalorian hunter »

I checked out the upcomining events on the garrisions home page for prices.

here you go: admission is as follows, according to the convention site, $25 for full weekend adult, $15 adult for sat only, $10 adult sunday only, $12.50 for youth 13 - 17 full weekend, $5 youth single day and 12 and under free, must be with adult. There was also something for adult weekend for $20 but I wasn't sure what it was about. Hope that helps. I didn't see anything about wearing costumes though. Mabey someone else can find out.
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam {a warrior is more than his armor}

Re: shaun con 23

Post by Guest »

mandalorian hunter wrote: I didn't see anything about wearing costumes though. Mabey someone else can find out.
(If you mean if it's allowed) Generally no one will care even if it's not specified "cosplayers welcome". I show up at alot of non-SW stuff in costume ( Most notably, Harry Potter events as a Hufflepuff) and all the geeks are fine with it. Most of them like it, a small minority walk around you.
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

(the last one was me. Site keeps logging me out -_-)
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
tk080
Former SL/GCO 2005-2007
Former SL/GCO 2005-2007
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Newell
TK Number: 80

Post by tk080 »

I use to go to Shawncon all the time when I was heavy into Warhammer and such, and I dont ever recall anyone walking around in costume.

This is more of a gaming convention than anything.

Not that I want to discourage attendence, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

-Aaron
TK080 - BH080
70th Explorers Garrison CO