Old Military Vehicles

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
Dinadin TK-5972
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Schafer
TK Number: 5972

Old Military Vehicles

Post by Dinadin TK-5972 »

I am trying to find old military vehicles to restore. They don't necessarily need to be running, but something to salvage. I have had some luck looking online, but I am wondering if anyone might know of something that a farmer has sitting out in a field forgotten rusting away. I am wanting to preserve a piece of history. Also if it is something from World War II that is even better. Thanks for the help.
Rich
TK-5972
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
Schafer's Folly
zap0329
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Zapolski
TK Number: 8073

Post by zap0329 »

There is a guy in Rolla, MO, on Rt 63 a little south of town on the west side of the street that has a bunch os stuff in his front yard. I mean all kinds. It almost makes you wonder where it gets it all. You can't miss it.

Wish I could give more info.
Steve Zapolski
TK-8073
Dinadin TK-5972
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Schafer
TK Number: 5972

Post by Dinadin TK-5972 »

Actually I was there on the 3rd or 4th, it is Dean's Army Surplus or something like that. He had some interesting stuff there and something I really wanted, but that was already sold. The problem was if you asked him about something he would tell you a 20 minute story about it and then finally answer your question. Also his prices were mainly how he felt at that moment. One guy asked him the price on a truck which was $4500 and then 20 minutes another guy asked about the same truck and that was $4900. We may go back there eventually, but we are doing some over looking around first.

Thanks though,
Rich
TK-5972
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
Schafer's Folly
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

If i remember correctly, there is an army suplus out off of Hwy 70 half-way between KC and STL. Its on the South Side of the hwy, visibly. I cant remeber what town, but there were plenty of things out there, if its still there.
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force