Greatest Phrases Kids say to a Trooper!

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
standtrooper
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Orr
TK Number: 2030

Post by standtrooper »

At Rock N Ribs I had a little kid running after me and kept getting in front of me and stopping trying to look up into my helmet. He kept yelling, you're not real, I see your face. I don't know what face he expected, but apparently mine wasn't it.

That same year, I heard "Cup Check" just before I felt my cod piece push my testicles out my ears... then Brandon and I had a lot of beer spilled on us by women giving us hugs for pictures... and I was tackled, and I have a makeup smudge on my helmet from asking for a kiss.

That was the wierdest troop ever. Thank God there haven't been anymore like that.

Then there was VisionCon where I half completed part of my medic costume and had a Butt Cape on. A little kid came up and asked me if I was a mommy stormtrooper cause I had a skirt on.
Don't forget to "Give it up for a Trooper",

timo
TK-2030
StandTrooper
JLo Hoff Trooper
StandTrooper.com
70th Explorers
70thExplorers.com
501st Legion
www.501st.com
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

Had some kids in a class ask Faron and I if we were bad guys. I told them technically we're not. We just follow orders.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."
locokarma
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Wilson
TK Number: 9612

Post by locokarma »

Robocop
Power Ranger
Robot
Spaceman

Is that a real gun? Can I see it?
Where's Darth Vader?
Where's Luke Skywalker?

:D
Tracy Wilson- TB9612
Diamond Garrison
Twitter: @TD9612
Darth Fox
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Fox
TK Number: 538

Not exactly a kid...

Post by Darth Fox »

But then again, who isn't a kid at heart?

This is a funny story. True story too. This was the Saturday at CIV. I was dressed as Vader working the crowd, taking pics, you know the deal. And we all know what radio "Shock Jocks" are. I did break character to conduct the interview, but I figured that it was cool for one fan to talk to "another..."

Now you know the scenario. I will script it out for you:

Approaching me with his little portable recorder and microphone:

Radio Guy (RG): I am here at the Star Wars convention and standing in front of me is none other than Darth Vader! Hello, Darth Vader!

Me: Hello!

RG: So, you got all dressed up to come to this event!

Me: Yes, I did. I would not miss it!

RG: So tell me...who would win in a fight; Vader or Superman?

Me: Well, I have the Force. I have a lightsaber. I am here and Superman is not.

RG: (chuckles) Yes, okay. So do you get a lot of chicks with that suit?

Me: What girl doesn't love a guy that is tall, dark, and handsome?

RG: (chuckles) So tell me, "Vader" (sarcastically) How does this event help the Iraq war?

Me: Well, there is an unfortunate situation going on in the Middle East. But there is no war here (unless you brought it with you) :)
Seriously, though, over this weekend, I have seen people from all over the world coming together to party like friends. Just the short time that I have been here today, I have been asked, "Can I take your picture" in at least 5 different languages, and some people just smile, raise their eyebrows, and point to their camera. We may have differences in the "real world," but here we have one big thing in common. We all have a passion for Star Wars and it is like a really good mutual friend invited us all over to his house for a party. There are no bad feelings here among the people. Even though the word "Wars" appears in the title, we are all getting along here and having fun...together...as Star Wars friends and family.

RG: (pause) Why do people like Star Wars so much?

Me: Well, it is so influential for our culture. For me personally, seeing it at the drive in was my very first vivid memory of my life. It has had such an impact on me. I have been a fan ever since...all my life practically.

RG: (pause) How old are you, Vader?

Me: I am 32. (I know where he is going with this)

RG: What's it like to be in your 30s and still live with your mom?

Me: (Not wanting to give him the satisfaction) Well, my mom is a big Star Wars fan too. She raised me right! Ha ha. So I am sure she would not mind me living with her, but I have been on my own since I was 18.

RG: (Getting mad because I am not letting him win) Tell me then, what's it like to be in your 30s and still be a virgin?

Me: (what an ass.) If you look around, you see fans of all ages. Fans have brought their families. My DAUGHTER is a big Star Wars fan too. She really wanted to come, but had prior commitments and was unable to join me, but I did bring my brother and his son.

RG: (Frustrated and giving up) Okay. Thanks Vader. :angry2:

The End.
locokarma
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Wilson
TK Number: 9612

Post by locokarma »

Now that is a great story! :D
Tracy Wilson- TB9612
Diamond Garrison
Twitter: @TD9612
TK-1517
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TK-1517 »

dont know about you guys but when i heard the 3 year old kid say "look mom its fofa fett!" at planetcomicon, pretty much had to hold myself back from making the "aww" noise, instead i just said "damnit that kid is fantastic"
Ian Musgrave
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th
Omaha, NE
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry
TK Number: 0

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

I didn't want to quote the Vader story, or use the language, but that guy was the biggest ?!@@#$$%%^&^@@???>?>?":>><?#$%^&@>@>>^@> ever to walk the Earth from the sounds of it! Way to show him and his utter lameness (Wheres a real lightsaber when you need one?). :twisted:
Incognito Trooper
standtrooper
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Orr
TK Number: 2030

Post by standtrooper »

Everyone here knows I just say whatever and my "filter" between my brain and my mouth really doesn't work so well most of the time... that said, I can be diplomatic when I need to, but most of the time I don't care to:)

When he got to the part about living with my mom I would have either said "my mom died" or more likely "my mom doesn't know I'm out of town. She worries"... but I'll be home for Star Trek Enterprise on SciFi Mondays"

Of course, most of the time, if I'm there, I'll just pick a feature about them to berate... the difficulty is image... I've had to restrain a lot in uniform (mil) and in armor (501st)...

I'd probably go change then come back and tear him up...

Alright I feel so bad, I'm going to go kick puppies at the children's hospital now
Don't forget to "Give it up for a Trooper",

timo
TK-2030
StandTrooper
JLo Hoff Trooper
StandTrooper.com
70th Explorers
70thExplorers.com
501st Legion
www.501st.com
rebelbuttkicker

I didn't here anything. "No officer I don't know why he turned up floating down the river, it's not like he made fun of anyone affiliated with the Dark Side". :lol:
Incognito Trooper
Drago Lordist
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Schaeperkoetter
TK Number: 7221

Post by Drago Lordist »

lmao fox! you just made me spit all over my monitor :P
Steve Schaeperkoetter - Albin's Head Generalissimo
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL/SL/IC 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

In addition to the infamous "Scooby Doo" comment from trooping the ROTS premiere as Boushh, today at the autism walk I was with Kevin and Terry, who both tower over me at probably 6'5" or so. And when I was following them around today at the event in my biker scout costume someone said as I went by, "oh look, it's a miniature trooper". :lol: My daughter still hasn't stopped laughing about that one. :P
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
TI4438
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TI4438 »

I've experienced some of the afore mentioned....
Are you Darth Vader?
Is that gun real?
Where is your spaceship?
Hey,look!It's Darth Vader!
The one that took the cake was a young fan at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.This kid knew everyting there is to know about any kind of TIE craft.Except the TIE Crawler.I got him with that one.I was really sweating it out trying to hold up my end of the conversation.In the end I came off like any knowledgable TIE Pilot should.That was a LOOONNNNGGG 10 minutes!
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Costuming as Sparrow brings on some interesting statements from children and adults alike. Here are a few:

1. Where's the Rum?
2. You must be the worst pirate I have ever heard of.
3. What's a fertility charm? (This is after the kids ask me what the pieces are draping down from my belt) I try to stay away from answering this one. :lol:
4. Hey, it's Captain Kid! (Older Adults)
5. That's the best Captain Hook costume I have ever seen.
6. Where's your ship?

AND, my favorite to date:

8. Is Elizebeth Swan really a salty wench?
rebelbuttkicker

TI4438 wrote:I've experienced some of the afore mentioned....
Are you Darth Vader?
Is that gun real?
Where is your spaceship?
Hey,look!It's Darth Vader!
The one that took the cake was a young fan at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.This kid knew everyting there is to know about any kind of TIE craft.Except the TIE Crawler.I got him with that one.I was really sweating it out trying to hold up my end of the conversation.In the end I came off like any knowledgable TIE Pilot should.That was a LOOONNNNGGG 10 minutes!
Wow, I feel dumb. All I know is TIE= Twin Ion Engine, used by empire as a cheap but fast vehicle with solar panels. (With 2 guns)
Incognito Trooper