almost there (repost)

Progress reports on costumes
Administrator

almost there (repost)

Post by Administrator »

Author: mandalorian hunter
e-mail: tkmandalorianhunter@yahoo.com
Posted: 09-27-2005

I should have my gear ready by halloween. i can't wait to finish my application and join, from what i've learned is a great group of people. it looks like your all going places in the stormtrooper legion and i'm glad for the groups upgrade to garrison.

--
Author: Judge_Hellfast
e-mail: judge_hellfast2003@yahoo.com
Posted: 09-27-2005

I just sent you an email about your outfit. I hope all goes well with your finishing touches. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out. Talk to you later, bro.

Chris
TK4293
-Roskk-

almost there (tusken)

Post by -Roskk- »

after having no luck with money, i decided to sprint for the rather cheapest costume that is out there: a tusken

so, whatever people might think or say, im having to go with a DZ starter designation for my first (and maybe my only costume, since the peice$ for other $uits are $O expen$ive) o.o

anyway, ive got most everything i need except for a spare pair of slip-on boots, leather gloves (and wrist-sleeves), the overshroud, and the mask foundation w/ lambskin and leather peices.

if you know any other prospective tuskens, tell them that i might have lambskin squares for sale soon for the mask 'mouths' (exclusivly for 501st members, but willing to accomodate perspectife recruits who are also forced to 'go rag' in order to get 501st entry)

not that being a tusken is all bad :lol: , but it doesnt have the same sort of prestige of a stormie/sandie/royal gaurd ect ect that most wannabe 501st-ers want to go for entering

oh well.....if we got what we wanted, everyone would be spoiled brats, and society would be hell :roll:
roskk

. . . . .

Post by roskk »

got the gloves,boots, and the totika part of my gaffi is finished, but the mace end is going to be a real hassle (ever tried bonding plastic to metal - it doesnt exactly work :/ )

got some monks cloth for the over robe, and hopefully i can get some (at least 1of the brit-type and/or 1 of the swede/swiss type) bandoliers for under $100

i still need to somehow assemble the moisture trap and get a neckwire for it, but im sure i can manage something.....

after all, if i can assemble a top-notch tusken from the neck down thus far, im sure i can finish it on a pinched budget :lol:

**************************sandtrooper

ive decided to revamp the backpack to be abit more cannon-looking, and ive got a set of 4 pauldrons (gray white black orange) as well as printed templates for the knee and other stuff

now the only thing to do is get the shoes, gloves, neckseal and actual armor kit, which is at a steep $600 avg :shock:
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

It sounds like you're making great progress. I would love to see pics of what you have done so far. I know there were a couple of folks here who were working on Tuskin gear.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you out with.
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

well actually the cheapest way in is prolly an imperial officer... of which i have the design and everything else if you are interested...

I'm still saving for a TK!
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force