Mandalorian wedding at SDCC

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Mandalorian wedding at SDCC

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

Thom K. (Mandalorian Hunter) who had trooped a few events with us with us a while back in his custom mandalorian costume was on G4TV getting married at SDCC to Tenn:

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blo ... dding.html

And online with a news story and another video showing the whole ceremony (and an appearance by Elvis Trooper):

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/16993649/detail.html
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry
TK Number: 0

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

Wow, talk about white and nerdy. :lol: So are they allowed any color scheme as long as they match the correct armor?
Incognito Trooper
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

Post by CJ564 »

rebelbuttkicker wrote:Wow, talk about white and nerdy. :lol: So are they allowed any color scheme as long as they match the correct armor?
not really. Custom Mando is like fem-trooper. A cool costume to have, but it won't get you into the 501st.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

You know they're from KC (or were living here for a while)... They were on a CNN.com photo story too...
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
Veronica
First Name: Veronica
Last Name: Houghton

Post by Veronica »

Awww... that is so cute! Some badass costumes too.
soilman
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Jeffrey
Last Name: Woodward
TK Number: 5333

Post by soilman »

:boba: Ok I'm Fett and thats just messed up LOL HAHAHAHAHA. :boba: I did like some of those costumes though. very imaginative.
The Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett. You Know the one where he doesn't scream like a girl.
mandalorian hunter

Post by mandalorian hunter »

Thanks for the topic Rhonda. Can you believe that the wedding event has been seen in Germany, the U.K., India and other parts. So its gone international and good press. Not bad for a Mandalorian Merc. I never intended for my armor to be 501st approved and my wife's armor was finished just a couple of days before the con. Both of us are approved in the Mandalorian Mercs costuming group and lucasfilm gave their approval of that group as they did 501st and Rebel legion. If you look at my armor it would appear to be similar to Jaster Mereel's. Not intended but was pointed out to me after Open Seasons was released. By a 70th member and good friend of mine. I had my armor colors before the comic came out. So it could've been modded to be 501st approved. If I wanted. That's what my friends in Arizona 501st had commented on when they saw it for the first time. Being fans of Star Wars is why we decided to have this fan wedding ceremony. it was a fem trooper friend of mine that suggested it. Its no stranger then a Renn Fest wedding or a Jedi one. Which I've seen done. The Fetts that were at the wedding thought it was the coolest thing they ever saw. G-4 didn't cover it the way they wanted to. so I guess the quality isn't up to some peoples standards. On a sidetrack note. At one time "customs" were in fact 501st approved. That only changed after elections changed the leadership and it was decided that only "cannon" costumes would be allowed. can a 6'2" jawa be "cannon"??
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam {a warrior is more than his armor}
TK565
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 565

Post by TK565 »

mandalorian hunter wrote:. can a 6'2" jawa be "cannon"??
A cannonball maybe.
David Heth TK/IG-565
Garrison Awsomeness Liaison
70th Explorers Garrison
http://whomix.trilete.net
mandalorian hunter

Post by mandalorian hunter »

A cannonball maybe.[/quote]

Very true but according to my contacts in the 501st the height restriction was removed so someone my height, 6'2" can in fact do a Jawa. Which is a very scary thing. :eek:
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam {a warrior is more than his armor}
rebelbuttkicker
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Gentry

Post by rebelbuttkicker »

Run! :eek:
Incognito Trooper
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

I'm glad that your unique wedding is getting some coverage. :)

About custom costumes in the 501st, they were never allowed. Custom costumes were only in the 501st gallery by accident due to a few GMLs making mistakes. There were no Legion Membership Deputies in place to serve as a double check to the approval process like there is now. The 501st Legion replicates LFL licensed characters and has never had a policy of accepting custom costumes. Once it was discovered by a former LMO (Michael Washko) that there were ineligible custom costumes in the gallery, then those ineligible custom costumes were given a timeline to make modifications to replicate licensed characters and if they didn't want to do that, those custom costumes were removed. Regarding height or weight restrictions, we have never had that in the 501st Legion for any costume ever.
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6