Star Wars - Clone Wars

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!

What do you think of the movie?

Awesome!
25%
Good.
20%
All right.
25%
Finally, Lucas has failed at a Star Wars Movie.
No votes
What! Warner Bros for Star Wars, are you Mad!
10%
Should of been put on DVD not in the Theaters...
20%

Total votes: 20
TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Faron
Last Name: Morales
TK Number: 1423

Star Wars - Clone Wars

Post by TK1423 »

What You think of the Movie?

These are real responses I hear around town, friends, and the web....

Pick one!
No Worries...~...Laughter is good medicine...~...Happiness is a choice

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)
Darth Fox
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Fox
TK Number: 538

Re: Star Wars - Clone Wars

Post by Darth Fox »

Well, I just thought that I would throw in my two cents:

Bottom line, it was okay.

But, with everything, I do have issues with it.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

1. I do NOT like Ashoka. The thing that makes Anakin "different" from the Jedi is the fact that he is hot-headed, short tempered, smart mouthing, back-talking, spoiled, and very talented. The other Jedi are respectful and obedient. I don't need some Padawan little annoying brat to come in and teach kids that that kind of behavior is "cool." That is the writers trying to cater to the younger "hipper" audience, especially little girls who, thanks to most shows on the Disney Channel, are being taught that it is cool to back talk and smart off to adults.

No thanks. I hope she dies.

2. I don't like feeling sympathy for Jabba. He should not be portrayed as the caring, loving father. He is not a good guy! I agree with Ken when we talked: I think that the movie would have been better if Ziro's son was kidnapped in a plot by Jabba to take over the Hutt clan. Therefore we can kill off Ziro (please) and the annoying baby Hutt and Jabba would be seen as a total baddie and slime-ball.

3. "My powers have doubled since the last time met, Count." Anakin, Ep. III. Was that the "last time" when he cut your arm off, or the "last time" in Tatooine when you fought and ran off to save your annoying little brat Padawan? Or possibly the "last time" the other 50 times that we will see coming up?

4. Where was Commander Fox???? Did he even have a line??? He had better have a bigger role in the series, or I am changing my name.

Just a start. I have had time to recover form the hype and calm down.

The animation was awesome. The fights were cool, and I can't wait to see Ventress get killed! I loved the fact that Christopher Lee and Sam Jackson were in the cast. I hear that they will not be for the series, but it was nice to hear them again.
KFox

TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK1423 »

Thank You, Darth Fox for your two cents! I am happy another person is giving their two cents about the movie! :stormtrooper:

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)
darthslick
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Garrison
TK Number: 8099

Post by darthslick »

!!!WARNING!!
SL8099 throws out his true feelings about the Star Wars Clone Wars Cartoon Movie.

Growing up with the OT SW was awesome. The prequels E1 okay, EII okay, EIII OH YEAH!! I mean after watching the prequels I could use my imagination and say that Obi wan was just trying to get Luke to join the Jedi by lying to him about Anakin's light saber "Oh your father wanted you to have this when you were older." Then on to Jedi "Blah blah from a certain point of you." Ok.. I buy that to make all 6 stories match up. Fine.

TK8878 pointed out in the Cartoon movie that it was said the homeworld of the Hutts is Tatooine? Maybe we miss understood that part? We thought it was Nal Hutta? Another thing we both noticed was Jabba's Uncle in the cartoon speaks English and not Huttese?!!?!?!

So about this clone wars movie cartoon story matching up to the rest of the Star Wars world as we knew it. Hummm. NO!!! It just seems anymore the story keeps changing and changing to where I wonder if the true story of Star Wars is about Vader anymore or is it about Star Wars for that matter and not Star Trek? LOL. Soon in 30 years George will have re-re-re-written and put in an envelope just before he dies the Star Wars special edition of the edition of the new edition 3D virtual reality movie to pass to the new director to film. Now the story will change where Anakin was originally an Ewok living on Endor (or maybe it's not called an Ewok anymore or Endor) when Jedi Master Qui Gon the Gungan comes seeking for the chosen one, Ahsoka who's been hiding there or something stupid like that. LOL!!!!!

Not too long after Jedi came out I remember watching the Ewok story with Cindel and her brother Mace when it premiered on TV back in the 80s. Why didn't Lucas film take a risk and show that in theaters back then?
You know what I like about that story? It was knew!! It wasn't trying to re-tell the story of the OT. It's own adventures with some old faces (Wicket the Ewok and the other Ewoks) and new characters.

I just don't understand why George Lucas and Lucas film don't start a new Star Wars adventure?!! Come on.. there's a lot of good stories out there that don't talk about the OT or the prequels. Leave the Skywalker family and anything else we already know about alone!! Surprise us!!

Maybe it's the computer? I mean George said himself the technology is there now to tell the story the way he wanted to tell it. Does it do a better job I guess? Is that it?

Now I'm beginning to wonder if the technology is good for Star Wars or is it just a tool to make money and Star Wars will end up like the Batman movies did in the late 90's as a movie to sell kid's toys?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Bottom line is if there wasn't so much hype built up on this cartoon movie... it would have been better to see it come out as a dvd release or just for TV like the pilot should have been... I would have accepted it better then I did. I talked to some of my friends my age and they said this was better than EPI and EPII. I went to the theater with hopes of what they told me was true just for me to leave the theater placing this cartoon before EPI on my crap list.

This is the first Star Wars "Movie" I didn't go back and watch a second time if not a 3rd because it was that freaking awesome because it wasn't!!
May The Force be With You
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

I don't like to say whether a movie is good, great or terrible. I like to know if it is entertaining or not. This movie was entertaining. It keeps well with the story line of Star Wars. Action and sound is what Star Wars is all about and this one stays in tune with that. I will not say that the introduction of a character or the killing of one is bad, it is not my story. Like the Emporer, I'm sure Lucas has a plan that we do not see. I think we all have things we would like to see. There are so many ways that the Star Wars universe can branch off. We would like to see stories about the Mandalorians, Sith wars, you name it. Patience I think is the key. So, with that being said. Keep up the good work Lucas films.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."
TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK1423 »

Thank You, Darth Slick and TK2774 for your two cents about the movie and Star Wars! :stormtrooper:

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

I think the thing you have to ask when you talk about Clone Wars is this: Did the kids like it? The 7 year old I was sitting next to did. It's a 1.5 hour commercial for a saturday morning kids cartoon primarily, and therefore not subject to comparison to the six main movies. I also judge the EU novels and video games against their target audience, not the movies, because it's not really fair to do otherwise... in a 'multimedia' saga like this, the context of the medium is very important.

And now to contradict myself, If I HAD to roll this in w/ the other six movies, I'd actually put it ahead of Episode II (I've always felt Ep. II was weaker than Ep. I), but even within the movie, if you break it up into the 3 or 4 22 minute episodes it really was, I like the first one or two a lot but it suffered as a 'movie' because of the episodic structure between it's components and ended as a weaker 'movie'.
Proudly Rebel Scum since 1978
TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by TK1423 »

Thank you, Gandalfbmg for your two cents about the movie and Star Wars! :stormtrooper: especially coming from a rebel scum! ;) we still love you :maul1:

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)