Bantha BBQ 2006

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
LukeSkiewalker

Bantha BBQ 2006

Post by LukeSkiewalker »

Just thought I would once again extend the invitation to the Heart of the Alliance FanForce's Bantha BBQ.

Here are the details:

What: Bantha BBQ 2006

When: June 3, 2006 10 AM to 10 PM

Where:
  • Swope Park
    Shelter #10
    6900 Swope Memorial Drive (approximate location)
    Kansas City, MO 64133

here is a link to the PDF that has a map of the park: http://www.kcmo.org/parks/parks/swope_p ... endocument
    The shelter is at the bottom on the right hand side. Basically you take 435 to Gregory Blvd.

Shelter house 10 sits beside Lake of the Woods, which is on Gregory Blvd.
    click here for a google map. The map doesn't let you put down a specific end point though for doing directions. However, you can just tell folks that if they're taking 435 they can use the Gregory exit and it's right after you enter the park on that road (and I think there might be a Gregory exit off of 71 HWY too, if folks come that way).
Who: Heart of the Alliance; Rebel Legion; and 501st members, friends, and family

Park Rules:
  • Sales of any kind are prohibited on park property. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on public property. Ordinance 39.390 (Sec. 26.25)
  • Reserving party(ies) will be held responsible for destruction of propery. All signs or banners erected relating to this event must be removed.
  • Although every effort will be made to maintain utilities and shelters, service is not guaranteed when vandalism occurs.
  • PLEASE HELP US KEEP OUR PARKS CLEAN: Place all refuse in the containers provided.
  • KEEP ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES OFF THE GRASS. USE DRIVEWAYS AS PROVIDED. IF NO DRIVEWAY IS PROVIDED, NO PASSAGE IS PERMITTED.

Amenities available (subject to the terms above):
  • Bathrooms
  • Drinking Fountain
  • BBQ grill/pit
  • Power Outlet(s)
Sign-up Sheet: We hope to see some of you there again this year!
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Jen
Last Name: K
TK Number: 2293

Post by UseTheForce »

even though I am not a member am I still aloud to come, maybe also my family? thanks, peace.

<3Jen
(Troopy)
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
Last Name: German
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

UseTheForce wrote:even though I am not a member am I still aloud to come, maybe also my family? thanks, peace.

<3Jen
(Troopy)
of course! We had a couple of 501st folks there last year, we're an all-inclusive SW group, everyone is welcome!
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

[/quote]
of course! We had a couple of 501st folks there last year, we're an all-inclusive SW group, everyone is welcome![/quote]

Sweet!!!! are you alowed to wear costumes, or is it a get to know every one's faces sorta thing (I am a question freak when it comes to these things :x )

<3Jen
(troopy)
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

Wear the armor! Just bring your totes so you can take it off. Its going to be hot day.

Besides everybody loves the armor.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
BLD_007
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Davidson
TK Number: 2527

Post by BLD_007 »

I can go
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

Yay!!! hey guess what, you all get the chance to meet you next trooper that day, thats right I'm coming to the BBQ WOOHOO!!!

<3Jen
TK565
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 565

Post by TK565 »

I went last year, but i'm not sure if I'll be able to come this year. We have a big event the day before at the Topeka Zoo. We'll see, I might crash by for a couple hours :!:
David Heth TK/IG-565
Garrison Awsomeness Liaison
70th Explorers Garrison
http://whomix.trilete.net
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

TK565 wrote:I went last year, but i'm not sure if I'll be able to come this year. We have a big event the day before at the Topeka Zoo. We'll see, I might crash by for a couple hours :!:
I hope you can go, I want to meet all of you if possible lol. Hope to see ya there :D

<3Jen
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

KEWL... ill be in KC at that time, ill be able to stop by because ill be in topeka on friday at that Zoo thing.

WOOO HOOOO killin 2 rebels with one stone... i like that... lol a ha ha ha ha ha ha

who can i talk to about how to get there.... ???
oh and shall we be dressed up in our fatigues...
or is this just plain Civies... (y'know civilian clothes) lol
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force

Post by Guest »

Just wanted to follow-up with folks. This in 7 hours (yes I am still up Chapter Reps never get to sleep ;) ). If you would like to bring your armour to show it to the non-501st folks of HotA feel free to do so. But, I would discourage wearing it because this is a more casual event and is meant more to get to know your fellow KC Star Wars fans better, as well as eat some BBQ and play Star Wars themed board games for prizes.

As to how and where it is, if you look at the first post there is a link to a Park map. We will be in Shelter 10. If you come in from Gregory it will be the first shelter you see. Also feel free to drop in anytime between 10 am and 10pm. We will be cooking food periodically throughout the day. If you need any help call me on my PCS phone:

(Highlight to read)

913-940-1467
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

I hope you all had a great time! You'll have to let us know how things went.
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

well me and my family tried to go but when we got there my parents decided not to get out because we weren't personaly invited. So sorry I wasn't able to join you guys :( I was really looking forward to meeting every one. Maybe next time though, when I am older to drive on my own lol I will meet up with the troops :D Sorry I missed it. Peace!

<3Jen
LukeSkiewalker
TK Number: 0

Post by LukeSkiewalker »

Sorry we missed you guys. We had a blast, and some folks thought it was even better than last year.

I will say that there has been talk of having another one in the fall. That may be at Swope Park again or possibly my house. It will be up to the new council on whether or not we do indeed have another in the fall.

Be sure to check the HotA home page every once in a while to see our upcoming events: http://www.heartofthealliance.com/