R2-D2 In Star Trek Movie

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
Kevtrooper
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Brower
TK Number: 6406

R2-D2 In Star Trek Movie

Post by Kevtrooper »

My wife and I went to see the new Star Trek movie when it premiered and R2-D2 was in the background in one of the scenes. He was out of focus a little but he was there. I did some checking and did find out that he was put in the movie as an Easter Egg. We had to see the movie a couple of more times to finally spot him.
Kevtrooper (Kevin Brower) TX-6406
Springfield,MO.
501st LEGION, Special OPS
GARRISON 66: THE TEMPLE RAIDERS
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Re: R2-D2 In Star Trek Movie

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

I missed that one. I'll have to watch closer when I take the wife to see it. :)
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TrooperKerry
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kerry
Last Name: Ellison
TK Number: 7236

Post by TrooperKerry »

Guess this answers the age old question of "which is cooler? Trek or Wars?" The Enterprise can't leave space dock without consulting an astromech :D

And we all know that apparently R2 was able to keep secrets and Anakin never had his memory wiped.........that little droid got around :P
Kerry Ellison - "Darman" BH -7236
http://www.facebook.com/Darman7236
Kevtrooper
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Brower
TK Number: 6406

Post by Kevtrooper »

To find R2 in the movie, Look closely at the scene where Prime Spock and Kirk first meet Scotty on Delta Vega and he is sitting at his desk (the first desk, NOT when he gets up and moves to the other one to talk about beaming), watch VERY CAREFULLY when he is talking to the little alien about food. Look in the very back of the shots with Pegg and the little alien during this moment. There’s a brightly lit area in the back of the room, and R2 is sitting right there. He’s almost in the middle of the shot. He’s out of focus, but there is no doubt that it’s him. Best way to catch him: watch for when Pegg holds up his hand to mimic a bean when he says “You can eat a bean and you’re done”. When he holds up his hand, he blocks R2 from the shot. Look in the space between Scotty and the alien. R2 is sitting right there at the back wall. Even more specific, there’s a plasma tv hanging on the wall in the background. Look for it. R2 is right under it. And how poetic that JJ would put R2 in a scene with Pegg, a devout Star Wars fan! Where else would R2 be?
Kevtrooper (Kevin Brower) TX-6406
Springfield,MO.
501st LEGION, Special OPS
GARRISON 66: THE TEMPLE RAIDERS