Heart of the Alliance/KCFF Autumn Ewok Roast! Oct 14

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
GsWookie
First Name: Sarah
Last Name: German
TK Number: 5424

Heart of the Alliance/KCFF Autumn Ewok Roast! Oct 14

Post by GsWookie »

Yub Yub! Hot off the heels of the 3rd annual late-spring "Bantha BBQ", Heart of the Alliance Kansas City FanForce is pleased to invite you to the first annual Autumn Ewok Roast. Come join Kansas City's premiere Star Wars fan group to roast some marshmallows and grill some Ewok fingers, and party like you just blew up a Death Star. We'll also have games and Star Wars themed fun, more fun than you can shake a spear at.

Autumn Ewok Roast
Saturday, October 14
10 AM - 8 PM
Shelter House 3, Macken Park, North Kansas City, MO

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 34761&om=1

Click here for more information:

http://www.heartofthealliance.com/phpBB ... php?t=1024
MTFBWY
gandalfbmg
First Name: Bart
TK Number: 74205

Post by gandalfbmg »

Hey guys, after getting to see everyone this weekend, we hope we can meet you all OUT of the armor in a couple weeks! Food, Star Wars, softball, and maybe even some kareoke afterward. Can't wait ;)

It's 10-8 (and later) Sat. Oct. 14 at Macken Park in NKC. See the link in gswookie's post above for directions.
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

It was great meeting you guys and I look forward to more events together. I have put this thread on a sticky for ya. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go that weekend because I have prior engagements to attend to. I will try to make it to another event you all put together. Talk to you all soon.
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

Sounds like a good time, but I will not be able to make it, got to work. It seems like all of the stuff that goes on, my work screws me out of.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."
gandalfbmg

Post by gandalfbmg »

Thanks for the boost Chris ;) Well catch up again later, but hopefully SOME of you will be able to make it out. Check out the pictures on our site from the last two Bantha BBQ and the Midwest Regional BBQ in St. Louis... Unfortunatlely this location doesn't have a lake to throw anyone into :D Though either softball, wiffle ball, or football is going to break out, I'm not sure which though. And for the 'unofficial' nightcap afterwards, we're heading to a little hole in the wall some of us hang out at down the street, and if you buy me a round you just might be treated to hearing me sing (after which point you'll buy me round to NOT hear me sing).
GsWookie

Post by GsWookie »

It's going to be a blast. We'll be out there ALL day, so come if you can!

:D

PS: the 'guest' funtion is now shut off. LOL
MTFBWY
GsWookie

Post by GsWookie »

*bump* We'll be there from 10 - ? and after that we're probably going to go to a nearby "watering hole" and do karoke! :D
MTFBWY
GsWookie

Post by GsWookie »

Ya'll missed out on a really good time. We had a good crowd and played a softball game AND a football game. Needless to say, I couldn't hardly get out of bed on Sunday morning! Oh, and if your local wal-mart is out of icy-hot, it's because of me. :aurra: (i love this icon!)
MTFBWY
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Definitely let us know when you have another one coming up. I'm going to try my best to make it to one of your events!!!!
gandalfbmg

Post by gandalfbmg »

BBQ's are our speciality ;)

We've had the Bantha BBQ in early June, like clockwork in Swope Park, for the past three years. The success of the Autum Ewok Roast will hopefully expand that repetoire to two a year, June at Swope and October up north (we're actually hoping to get Parkville instead next year, it's cheaper). So you can pretty much set your clocks by that.

And if you're looking for events, if you sign up on our boards, we have some 21+ area where 'unofficial' events get posted. Especially moving into the 'lean' months of the winter, that's your best bet. The requirement is just that we've met you in person, so we can vouch for you getting in there...